Everyday Summer Makeup

Lately I haven't been wearing a lot of makeup because I'm getting up pretty early everyday. I had to develop a quick everyday routine that I can do in less than 15 minutes and is very summer appropriate, very neutral but with a fun bright lip.


In summer I start my makeup with sunscreen, I know you should wear it in winter as well but I only think about it when spring comes peeking around the corner. In summer I'm more careful, especially because I have a sun allergy. A few weeks ago it got really bad but now my skin has finally gone back to normal, probably because the sun hasn't been shining here in the Netherlands. Maybe I'll do a post soon with some of my tips for dealing with sun allergy.

After applying a layer of facial sun screen it's time for the real makeup. I usually go for just some concealer but on some days I like some foundation. I'm currently using the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in the shade 010 Porcelain. It has an SPF of 20 and remember it's never a bad idea to layer up your SPF. This has been my favourite foundation for a while now and I can really recommend it if you have dry skin like me.

To cover up my dark circles and make me look more like an actual human, I use some concealer under my eyes. I'm currently loving the Catrice Liquid Camouflage Concealer in the lightest shade, 010 Porcelain. This shade is light enough for me which is not something that happens often when I shop for concealers in the Dutch drugstores.

Moving on the the eyes and brows. I usually do my eyes first so that I can see how heavy I have to do my brows if that makes sense. If I do a deep smokey eye, I need heavier brows than if I would do a look like I did today. I'm still using my trusty old Catrice Eyebrow Set to fill in  my brows and a little bit of Essence Clear Lash & Brow Mascara to set them in place. On my lids I only applied one shade. In summer I like to do a really simple eye lately because it means you can go all out with your lips without looking like your wearing way too much makeup (but is there really such a thing as too much makeup). I've been loving the Catrice Velvet Matt Eyeshadow in the shade 070 Princess Mattleine which is a very pretty neutral pink. This is one of those shades you can just apply all over your lids but it still looks like your wearing a crease colour with it. Two other shades I love wearing in summer are the H&M High Colour Impact Eyeshadow in Baci Di Dama, a beautiful gold shade, and the Essence Limited Edition #Secret Party Shadow in Glow of my Life with is a copper shade. On my lashes I'm currently using the L'Oréal Volume Million Lashes Mascara which is great but not mind blowing good if you know what I mean.

I set my foundation with a little bit of the Catrice Transparent Mattifying Powder and that it's time for the golden trio, bronzer blush and highlight. The bronzer I use is actually a contour powder. I use the one from the Catrice Prime and Fine Contouring Palette in 010 Ashy Radiance. This is the perfect shade to contour with if you have pale skin. I'm not really bronzing my skin because I just don't have time for that in the morning. For blush I've been switching it up depending on the lipstick that I'm wearing. On this day I decided to wear the Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in 15 Seductive Pink which pairs beautifully with the bright purple/pink I'm wearing. The highlighter that I wear pretty much every single day is of course TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer. I apply it to the tops of my cheekbones and on my cupids bow. I set all this powder with the Essence Make-up Fixing Spray, this is keeps it locked in all day and it also gets rid of all the excess powder and makes my makeup look more natural.

My lip colour is where I really like to switch it up. I love bright lipsticks in summer and today I decided to bust out an old favourite. This is the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Showy which I bought a while ago when I was in London. This almost neon pink is one of my summer staples en fades beautifully without leaving those annoying lines. Other current summer favorites of mine are Ofra Sunset Beach, Catrice Mattador, Clinque Melon Pop and Clinique Sweet Pop.

And that's my go to quick summer makeup. It's very quick and I can easily leave out some of the steps if I have less time.
Love,
E

No comments