Things I've Been Watching #6

I did it again, I deleted my things I've been watching post. The good new is, now I know how it happens. I start writing a new post and it overwrites my scheduled one because I mess up the number. So stupid. This time I'm going to rewrite most of it but my little opinion snippets will be shorter then normally.
The first thing I watched is a documentary called Rise of the superstar vloggers. I watched this on a long train ride and I have to say that I liked it. I used to be really into YouTube and watch most of the YouTubers in this documentary but I've kind of stopped. My interests changed and I watch different people less frequently now. Still the documentary was really good, I like Jim Chapman who presents it and overall I can recommend it because I found it really interesting.
IMDB rating: 6.8 | My rating: 6.5
Then I watched a BBC mini series called War & Peace, an adaptation of the famous War and Peace book by Tolstoj. I've never read the book but the series was amazing in my opinion. The story had a very slow start but after episode three I got sucked in and couldn't stop watching. I love the romance story and the actors were really good in my opinion.
IMDB rating: 8.2 | My rating: 8.5
Faking It is one of my guilty pleasure series, I cannot say it's good or high quality but I like watching it. I finally had time to watch the second season, I liked it and I will definitely watch the third season.
IMDB rating: 7.7 | My rating: 7
I stopped watching girls halfway through the fourth season but now I finally finished it. Season four I mean by that, I still have to watch the fifth season which has just finished. Girls was really good in the first season but after that it went downhill for me. I still didn't like this season as much as the first two but it got better halfway through. I'm actually looking forward to watching the fifth one.
IMDB rating: 7.4 | My rating: 7
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a movie I had to watch for my study but I really enjoyed it. It's a bit of a weird movie but in the end I could really appreciate it. Very good and I highly recommend it.
IMDB rating: 8.4 | My rating: 8
Younger is one of my favourite series of the past couple of month. The short episodes make it an easy watch and I just really liked it. I cannot really pinpoint why but it's good. It's about a 40-year old mother who starts pretending she's 26 to get a job. The main actress is Sutton Foster and I know here from a series called Bunheads which I loved, I think she's a great actress and I just really like here in the roles I've seen her in.
IMDB rating: 7.7 | My rating: 8 The last item in this post is a movie called Love, Rosie. I've been wanting to watch this one for a while and I'm glad I did because I really liked it. It's about Rosie and Alex who have been best friends since they were 5 years old. When it comes to love, life and making the right choices, these two are their own worst enemies. A feel good movie that was really cute but not too sweet.
IMDB rating: 7.2 | My rating: 7.5

Love,
E

No comments