Maybelline The Blushed Nudes

I'll admit, I have way too many neutral palettes, that's the main reason why I never bought the Maybelline The Nudes eyeshadow palette. That's also why I was so happy Maybelline brought out the Blushed Nudes version. A nude eyeshadow palette with pink shades and undertones.

There are twelve shades in the palette and according to Maybelline you can make thirteen different looks with it. By dividing the palette into three quattros, four trios or six duos you have a lot of options for different looks. When I write reviews of product I usually look at other reviews to see what other people think and I noticed the american version of this palette is different. It has the same shades for they are in a different order, no idea why but something to keep in mind if your recreating looks.

From left to right:
- matt cream
- shimmery light peach
- shimmery cool greenish white
- baby pink with a specks of silver shimmer
- matt greyish pink
- shimmery warm taupe
- shimmery almost metallic burned bronze
- brown with golden shimmers
- shimmery cool gold
- shimmery cool greenish grey
- shimmery warm pink
- warm brown with golden and pink shimmers
I have to say that I was surprised by the pigmentation of the swatches. Other reviews I've read were quit negative. The light shades barely show up on my pale skin but the darker shades look great in my opinion. Looking at other swatches I did notice that the shades don't perform great on darker skin tones. On my pale skin most of them look great but on darker skin they'll probably barely show up Formula wise I'm scared, they felt bit dry when I was swatching them so let's hope they perform well on my eyelids and not completely disappear.
This is the look I created with the palette. I used the two most left colours of the bottom row of the palette. I applied the warm shimmery bronze shade that's almost orange all over my lid and defined the crease with the brown shade with golden shimmers. I also applied that darker shade along my lower lashline. I really like how it turned out, it's a nice twist on the standard bronzy smokey eye I usually create. I do think this palette should have some dark mattes in there, right now you end up with a lid that's shimmery all over and I prefer to add depth with matte shades. Something to keep in mind when working with these shadows is that they have a lot of fall-out. With the lighter shades is barely noticeable but the darker shades left the tops of my cheeks covered in eyeshadow. Therefore I recommend doing your eye makeup first if you use this palette.
My final verdict is a little bit mixed. I do like this palette but there are also some things about it that I don't like. There isn't a matt dark shade for the crease in there and the shadows have a lot of fall-out but I do like the colours that are in the palette. I've also found myself wearing the shades apart quit often, I wear one shade all over my lid for a neutral day look or I combine them with a matt shade from a different palette. Therefor I do recommend this palette but keep those things in mind if you're going to buy it. Also I recommend buying it when Maybelline is on sale because I don't think it's worth the full price. (I bought it when it was only €8,99)

You can buy the Maybelline The Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette for €15,99.
Love,
E.

No comments