Follow The Tutorial: Spring Makeup! Fresh & Colorful by Shaaanxo

Most of the makeup look I create are very natural and sometimes smokey but almost never bold. In this follow the tutorial post I recreated a makeup look by Shannon, a beauty guru from New Zealand. She created colourful makeup look using khaki and blue and I loved it. My version is quite toned down because I didn't have a blue that was vibrant enough to achieve the effect she had going on, but I still think it became a very pretty smokey eye that's just a little bit different then the standard ones with brown or black that you've seen a million times.
The product replacements I used: 
Loreal Skin Perfection Serum // Vichy Aqualia Thermal Light Moisturizer
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer // Catrice Prime and Fine Eyeshadow Base
BH Cosmetics Shaaanxo Palette Matte Highlight Shade // Catrice Velvet Matte Eyeshadow in 010 Vanillaty Fair
BH Cosmetics Shaaanxo Palette Warm Yellow Shade // H&M High Impact Eye Colour in Candied Almond
Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette Green // Makeup Revolution Awesome Eyeshadow Collection (third row last colour + fifth row ninth colour)
Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette Blue// Makeup Revolution Awesome Eyeshadow Collection (first row eighth colour + fourth row eighth colour)
Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette Brown // Makeup Revolution Awesome Eyeshadow Collection (second row third colour)
BH Cosmetics Shaaanxo Palette Grey Brownish Shade // Makeup Revolution Awesome Eyeshadow Collection (ninth row fifth colour)
Natasha Denona Eyeshadow Palette copper // Makeup Revolution Awesome Eyeshadow Collection (second row second colour)
Soda & Co Lip Balm // Essence Prettifying Lip Oil in 02 First Help, Pinky
Colourpop Creme Gel Eyeliner in Bee Sting // Catrice Kohl Kajal in 170 Blues Willis
Bare Minerals Neutralising Prime Time // Etos Anti Dullness Primer
EX1 F200 Foundation // Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in 010 Light Porcelain
Kevin Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer // Catrice Camouflage Cream in the shade 010 Ivory
Becca Color Corrector in Pistachio & Peach // I didn't color correct
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer // Catrice Liquid Camouflage High Coverage Concealer in 010 Porcelain
MAC Studio Fix Powder // Catrice Transparent Mattifying Powder
Vincent Longo Beauty Sin LA Riviera Bronzer // Catrice Prime and Fine Professional Contouring Palette in 010 Ashy Radiance
Chi Chi Blonde Brow Pomade // Essence Eyebrow Gel in 01 Brown
L'Oréal Brow Plumper Blonde // Essence Lash & Brow Gel Mascara
NYX Matte Liquid Liner // H&M Gel Eyeliner in Pitch Black
xoBeauty The Heiress Lashes // I didn't wear false lashes
Chi Chi 3D Magic Lash Mascara // Essence Lash Princess Volume Mascara
It Cosmetics CC+ Ombre Blush // Milani Baked Blush in 05 Luminoso
ABH Gleam Kit // TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer
NARS Velvet Lipliner Anse Soleil // Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in 063 Eastend Snob
Natasha Denona Gloss in Powder // Catrice Shine Appeal Fluid Lipstick in 070 Better Make A Mauve When doing this look I had a very bad eyeliner day, it just wouldn't work so therefore no closeup photo of my eye makeup. The eyeliner just really messes it up. Also my brows didn't work out, I'm trying a new product but today I didn't go on well, just patchy. Something I haven't had with that Essence product before. I did have a good foundation day though, my skin looks absolutely perfect in my opinion. Every year around spring I bust out my blue liner for a heavy under eye and this look has definitely made me do that again. I love doing that with just a simple brown eye and a shit load of mascara but with this eyelook I also think it looks really pretty. The khaki tones really complement the blue and make it pop even more in opinion.

I'm sorry for not looking very happy in these pictures but just like I had a bad liner en brow day, I couldn't get a good photo of myself.  Nonetheless, I hope you liked this follow the tutorial post!

Love,
E.

1 comment