Things I've Been Watching #4

Since I've been doing these posts quite regular lately, I don't feel the need to explain it anymore. I've been watching way to much series lately and I'm not ashamed by it. Let's hop into the things I've been watching.

The first thing I've been watching gave me serious throwback feelings. Grease Live! was everything I expected it to be, funny, tear-jerking and amazing. I found out this was coming through Vanessa Hudgens' Instagram. She played rizzo and was amazing. The rest of the cast was also good but she did an excellent job. Everybody obviously knows this story so there is not much to explain about that for me. Watching this made all those songs stuck in my head and overall I just loved watching it.
IMDB rating: 7,8. My rating: 9.

Then we have the first out of the three season of series I watched, The Originals. I'm a fan of the Vampire Diaries and this spin-off series has won over my heart. Last year I watched season 1 and now I gave two a go. I liked it just as much as the first season and just like that one, I was hooked. I watched the whole season in two weeks and I don't regret it at all. I'm a binge watcher and I'm proud of it. The orginals is about the oldest and original vampires and how they struggle with family, witches and werewolves.
IMDB rating: 8.4. My Rating: 8.

New Girl is one of those series I really liked watching but for who knows what reason stopped at a certain point. Somewhere in season 3 I stopped and I decided it was time to start watching it again. I rewatched a lot of the episodes, finished season 3 and I'm going to watch the rest of the seasons as well. Episodes are only 20 minutes long so it makes the perfect breakfast series for me.
IMDB rating: 7.8. My Rating: 8.

Orange is the new black is a series that has been on my to watch list for a very long time and now I finally got around to watch the first season. It's about Piper Chapman who has to go to jail for a crime she committed ten years ago. She has build a whole new life and now she must stop everything and has to go to jail. During the first episode I didn't understand why people called this a comedy but after a few episode I understood. There's so much humor in this series and I think the actors are amazing. I can highly recommend this series and I'm sure I'll watch season 2 very soon.
IMDB rating: 8.3. My Rating: 8.5.

Then I have a movie that I watched on a rainy afternoon after I got home from school. Silver Linings Playbook is a movie I once started watching, didn't like, stopped it and always wanted to finish watching it. This movie is about Pat, a guy that almost killed the guy with whom his wife was having an affair. He ends up in a psychiatry institution and the movie starts when he get out. He moves back with his parents and tries to reconcile with his ex-wife. Then he meets Tiffany and you can already guess what happens so I'm not going to spoil it for you. In the beginning I didn't like this movie but as I got further into the story I really enjoyed it. It's a romantic comedy but not one of those sloppy basic ones that I've seen a million times. I can understand why Jennifer Lawrence won an Oscar for it because she and Bradley Cooper were really good in this movie, they gave it depth and emotion and in the end I really liked this movie and would even watch is again.
IMDB rating: 7.8. My Rating: 8.

There's no 'Things I've Been Watching' post without a something Disney in there. This time I watched Wreck-it Ralph, a movie about arcade games. Several people have told me this movie is great and I have to agree. It's about the bad guy in an arcade game who wants to be good, a simple and cliche story but really well done. The thing I liked a lot is that Disney didn't put one of those annoying sidekicks in there purely for merchandise like they did with Olaf in Frozen. I mean those are cute but completely unnecessary in my opinion. Wreck-It Ralph is a great movie about friendship and making the right choices.
IMDB rating: 7.8. My Rating: 7.

I'm a sucker for Australian series, I love H2O and Dance Academy is also a guilty pleasure of mine. I also love series and movies about dancing so this one fits right into that alley. Growing up I watched a few episodes of Dance Academy but I never watched the whole thing. That happened last week. The episodes are quite short, only 20 minutes, so I watched all three seasons in a week. I told you I was a binge watcher. Dance Academy is mainly about Tara Webster, a country girl who dreams about being a ballerina. The series focuses around her, her friends and the academy they're going to.
IMDB rating: 8.2. My Rating: 7.5

The last thing is post is Deadpool, a movie I went to see in the cinema with  my brother. I only went to this because he asked me to go but I'm so glad I did. This movie is absolutely hilarious, the jokes are quite harsh but I found it really funny. Deadpool is about a guy who gets cancer and is mutated to some weird twisted superhero. Of course there's more to the story but I'm not going to spoil it, just go and watch it because it's hilarious.
IMDB rating: 8.6. My Rating: 8,5.

And that was it for this massive post, I've been postponing way too much things and used series as an excuse. I really should watch less and do more.
Love,
E

No comments