Teal Smokey Eyes

I love big dramatic smokey eyes but for some reason I can never make them look right. I think that's because of my eye-shape. My eyes are quite round and I have a lot of space between my brown and my crease, so if I wing my eyeshadow out too much, I tend to look like a super hero (read this post to see what I mean). Lately I've been playing quite a lot with smokey eyes and I found the shape that I think works best for my eyes.

The products I used:
L'Oréal True Match Foundation in N1 Ivory
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in 01 Light
Catrice Eyebrow Set
Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in 604 Milk
Fake Lorac Mega Pro Palette
Yves Rocher Sexy Pulp Mascara
Catrice Kohl Kajal in 01 Black
Daniel Sandler Watercolour Fluid Blusher in Cherub
Catrice Transparent Mattifying Powder
H&M Pure Radiance Powder Blusher in Deep Brown
Sleek Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette in 372 Fair, the bronzer
TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer
Essence Longlasting Lipstick in 03 Come Naturally

I ordered a fake Lorac palette because I really wanted to try fake makeup, sounds weird but I just wanted to know more about it. I decided to order something that's impossible to order here in the Netherlands. So I ordered a fake version of the Lora Mega Pro palette that was a Christmas limited edition. Some colours in there are horrible and some are quite pretty. I do use a white base underneath is because otherwise the colours barely show up on my lid.

For this teal smokey eye I also started with that white base and then blended Sepia in my crease.Then I deepened that crease with both Espresso and Brown. After I blended that all really well, it was time for the dark smokey part. I applied Deep Teal on my mobile lid and blended that out, first with a clean brush and then with one that had a little bit of Stone on it. Then I intensified the colour by applying that teal shade with a wet makeup brush and also softly sweeped it along my lower lashline. As you can see, the smokey eye I creates is very wearable. Because I kept the colour quite concentrated and blended it out, I prevent that superhero effect. If I'd want so smokey-it-up I would add more to the lower lashline instead of adding more to the lid. That way I can make it more grunge or party-like without looking ridiculous.

Love,
E

No comments