Follow The Tutorial: Valentine's Makeup by Karima McKimmie

The last 'Follow The Tutorial'-post I did was back in October (read it here) so I thought it was about time to do a new one. This time on a more natural look, well natural with a big fat winged liner. The tutorial I followed is by Karima McKimmie, an Australian you-tuber who has amazing makeup tutorials. This specific one is for Valentine and I thought it was very appropriate to do it today. Gorgeous isn't is? This look was made for Valentine's day or a date night but I'd wear this to school because I really don't care to be honest. I have a few pinkish eyeshadows but I never really use them because I find it hard to wear pink on my eyelids, it quickly looks like I'm sick. The way Karima applies the pink shadows makes it wearable and pretty.

The product replacements I used:
L'Oréal Base Magique Smoothing Primer // I didn't use a primer
Tom Ford Illuminating Primer // I didn't use a primer
Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation in 213 // Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 52 Vanilla
MAC 24 Hour Extended Eye Base  // Catrice Prime&Fine Eyeshadow Base
Anastasia Eyeshadow in Birkin // Catrice Velvet Matt Eyeshadow in 070 Princess Mattleine
Anastasia Eyeshadow in Fawn  // H&M High Impact Eye Colour in Candied Almond
Anastasia Eyeshadow in Rich Brown // Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Cover + Primal
Anastasia Eyeshadow in Peach Sorbet // H&M High Impact Eye Colour in Baco Di Dama
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk // I own this so I used the same product
Natasha Denona Eyeshadow in Golden Rose // Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadow in 020 Gold N' Roses + Kiko Watereyeshadow in 219 Flamingo Pink
Rimmel Gel Eyeliner in Black // HEMA Soft Eyeliner
House of Lashes Tigress Lash // I didn't use false lashes
By Terry Touche Veloutee Concealer in 2 // Etos Brightening Concealer in Light
Burberry Face Contour Pen in Medium // Sleek Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette in 372 Fair (bronzer)
Anastasia Cream Contour Kit in Fair // H&M Pure Radiance Powder Blusher in Deep Brown
Maybelline Master Glaze Stick in 10 // Catrice Gradation Blush in Waterloo Sunrise 
Rouge Bunny Rouge Diaphanous Powder // Catrice Transparent Mattifying Powder
Becca Highlight in Champagne Pop // TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer
Marc Jacobs Feather Noir Mascara // Yves Rocher Sexy Pulp Mascara in Noir
Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Polyester Bride // TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer
Kryolan Faceliner in 36 // Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in 063 Eastend Snob
L'STAJ Liquid Lipstick in Lady Lavish // Essence Longlasting Lipstick in 13 Love Me + Catrice Beautifying Lip Smoother in 040 Coffee To Go
Et voilà, this is how I recreated the look. I think I did quite a good job, I love my eyeshadow and although my liner is a little bit too thick, the overall look is really nice. I don't have a pink lipstick in the shade that Karima used so my lips are totally different but for the rest I'm very happy with the result. Wearable pink eyes that don't make me look like I'm sick.

Love,
E

No comments