Urban Decay Naked Basics 2

Quite a long time ago it was black friday, the day of massive sales. I couldn't help myself and order myself a little treat. I bought myself something that I've been wanting for along time now, the Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 palette. You must have been death if you haven't known about the naked palettes but I find them too expensive. I don't want to pay 50 euros for an eyeshadow palette that I'm not sure is worth it. I did however want to buy the smaller basics palette and when it went on sale, I could finally justify buying it. The packaging wasn't what I expected, it's made out of some sort of rubbery material that feels really luxurious. The overall palette feels really luxurious in fact. Inside you'll find six matte shadows. I went for number 2 instead of 1 but I don't really have a reason, this was the one that appealed the most to me. I placed a see through grey square over the mirror in Photoshop so if you see something weird, you know what it is. In real life there is a nice decent sized mirror in the lid. The six shades range from really light creamy shades to a dark grey.
            - Skimp, a pale nude satin
            - Stark, a nude pink matte
            - Frisk, a warm grey matte
            - Cover, a muted reddish brown matte
            - Primal, a muted brown matte
            - Undone, a deep smokey grayish brown matte
A wide variety of shades for a nude eyeshadow look. It doesn't look very special but I already knew that before I bought this, it's not called nude for nothing.

Everybody always says that Urban Decay eyeshadows are one of the best available and it's truth. The shadows feel like butter and the pigmentation is great. Even the shades that are almost the same colour as my skin tone are clearly visible.
Other products I'm wearing:
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer
Catrice Eyebrow Set
Catrice Kohl Kajal - 010 Black
Catrice Glam & Doll Mascara
Catrice Transparant Mattifying Powder
Maybelline Facestudio Blush - 60 Cosmopolitan
TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer
H&M Pure Radiance Powder Blusher - Deep Brown
Essence Lipliner - 14 Femme Fatale
H&M Velvet Lip Cream - Le Beau Monde

With this palette you can easily make a neutral look. The I like the most about these shadows is the blendability. These eyeshadows blend like a dream and look gorgeous on the lid. For this look I started by applying Stark all over my lid to my brow bone. Then I blended Frisk through the crease and added some Primal in the outer part of my crease. To finish it I applied a little bit of Skimp to the center of my lid and that's it. A super easy and quick look that still gives my eyes some depth.

I've been using this palette none stop since I got it. I feel like the cooler tones work really well with my skin tone and eye colour and therefore make me look nice even if I feel horrendous. A good basic in my collection and I definitely notice a difference with cheaper eyeshadow palettes in quality so I think it's well worth the money.
You can buy this Urban Decay Naked Basic 2 Palette for €29,50.

Love,
E

No comments