Things I've Been Watching #3

As you might have noticed I've been really liking these posts, it's fun to write them and I feel like it's a way of keeping track of the movies and series I'm watching. Today I the third installment of my 'Things I've Been Watching' posts for you. This time I've also included ratings since that might be a good indication of my opinion of the movie.
The first movie I'm writing about is called 'About Time', one of those movies I've always wanted to watch but never came around to actually watch it. I'm really happy I finally did do it because I loved this movie. It's about a guy who finds out he can travel in time and uses it to find his true love. It's a beautiful movie about finding love, treasuring the moments that matter and happiness. I don't have a lot to say about this movie other then that it's a good movie with good actors and a good storyline in my opinion. IMDB rating: 7,8. My rating: 8,5.
Another movie that has been on my to watch list for a while was 'Jack the Giant Slayer'. This movie is obviously about that guy who climbs up that beanstalk and meets some giants there, you know that story right? So I don't have to explain it to you. I liked this one but I don't really know what to say about it. It wasn't bad, it was fun to watch but it wasn't amazing. Because I don't really have an opinion I'll just teach you some Dutch. 'Jack and the beanstalk' is called 'Sjakie en de bonenstaak' here in the Netherlands. There you go, you did something productive today and learned some Dutch. IMDB rating: 6,3. My rating: 6,5.
I also watched a really old movie, from 1952 to be exact. I recorded 'Singin' in the Rain' when it was on television and decided to watch it on a gloomy Sunday while doing some stuff for school and I have to say, for such an old movie, I really enjoyed it. It about the transition from silent movies to the ones we have now, with sound. Not a particularly interesting subject in my opinion but the story that was build around it was really nice. This is a musical movie though so if you don't like that this won't be one for you. I didn't mind because I was doing other stuff at the same time but I don't know if I'd be able to sit through the entire thing without doing anything else. So keep that in mind if you decide to watch it t, which you should because this is a classic that everyone should watch according to my mother. IMDB rating: 8,4. My rating: 7,5.
Why do all good things have to come to an end? A lot of series that I really like or liked have stopped over the past years and the finale is always ... (some word I cannot find in my mind). Downton Abbey is one of those, I just watched the season and series finale and man oh man, I cried so hard. I almost always cry when I watch Downton Abbey but this was different, I was crying out loud and my dad came in to check if I was alright. It was a series finale in which everything turned out for the better and I cannot watch that without tears. I don't want to spoil anything so I'm only going to say this; you'll cry, you'll laugh but you will think it was a great ending to six seasons of Downton Abbey.
IMDB rating: 8,7. My rating: 10.
'Now You See Me' is one of those movies that made me really enthusiastic when I saw the trailer but never actually watched. Now I finally did and I really liked it. It's about four magicians who do things like robbing a bank to get into some sort of secret society. I'm not a big magician fan but in this movie they do it in a real cool way and the story around also keeps in interesting. You following some FBI agents who try to solve the illegal things that the magicians do.
IMDB rating: 7,3. My rating: 8.

Love,
E

No comments