Things I've been watching #2

Quite a while back I did my first 'Things I've been watching' post and I thought, why not make it a regular thing. So today it's time for the second installment in this series.
The first thing I've been watching is Flesh and Bone, a series about ballet. I love watching series about dancing and this one was incredibly good. It's about a girl who runs off to New York and is hired by the American Ballet Company. From there on it will be a little bit dark but that's what makes this series interesting instead of just a flat story about ballet. I loved it and the fact there is only one season with eight episodes, makes that it won't be a disaster if you get addicted to it. Then I've also been watching Scream Queens. I heard a lot of this online but I was a bit scared to watch if I'm honest. I don't like to watch scary things but I also heard a lot of people say that it was just really funny. And they were right. It's mean girls mixed with murders and I love it. This series is about a sorority and people get murdered all the times by somebody dressed as the campus mascot. I'll have a Trenta, no-foam, five-shot half-caf, no foam, pumpkin spice latte with no foam at 210 degrees while I write the rest of this post please.
Suffragette is a movie that I saw in the cinema with my mother. It's one of those typical movies that I go to with my mother and I don't mean that in a negative way. I usually visit smaller drama movies with her because we both like that genre. This was really good! I did not know the suffragettes until I saw the trailer of this movie because I'm not familiar with the movements that fought for woman's right all over the world, just the one in Holland. Here in the Netherlands this movement is called the 'Dolle Mina's', named after the statue near which they had their first protest (burning their corsets). In 1919 the woman of the Netherlands got to vote. This movie is just about England though. I'm not going to tell much about the story because this really is just one of those movies you'll have to see to feel. I am going to tell you about the ending. It ends with a timeline of women's suffrage and I think that sends a really strong message. People in audience were shocked to see that Switzerland was really late compared to countries like England (the Netherlands weren't on the list), it wasn't until 1971 that woman could vote. For me it's weird to see that there are still countries in the world were woman don't have equal right to men, realizing that woman have and still are fighting for these right does something with you. It makes me happy to be alive right now in a country like the Netherlands.

The last movie I'm going to talk about is Inside Out, a Disney movie that has been on my to watch list ever since I saw the trailer. Inside Out is about a little girl called Riley who has to move away for her fathers job. Plottwist, most of the movie takes place in her head, you follow five characters who embody emotions. Something goes wrong and the emotion called Joy has to go on a journey with Sadness. I already heard that this movie would hit hard at some points and it's true, I watched it on new years eve with some friends and literally everybody was crying at one point (or two) even the guys. Disney just know how to do that, I mean, who doesn't cry when Mustafa dies? And that was it for today, I think four items is a good amount for a post like this. That way it's not massive but I still feel like I wrote something substantial. I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know what I should watch next....

Love,
E

No comments