The Reading Challenge

Last year I wrote a post about the Reading Challenge, a challenge that you can set on Goodreads.com to keep track of the books you read. I said I'd do an update in June but I never did that, that's why I'm doing it now. Just after I set myself a new challenge. Last year I wanted to read 25 books and I read 34 but there were some short 60-pagers among those so for 2016 I've set the goal to 29 (30 seemed to much so I just went with it). I didn't want this to be a super long post so I'll write one sentence on each book.
Jon Duckett - HTML and CSS: Design and Build Website: I read this for school.
Aimée Carter - The Goddess Test: I love this book, it's one of my favourites of 2015.
Aprilynne Pike - Wings: Not bad but also not amazing.
Aimée Carter - Goddess Interrupted: A good squeal and a good book.
Eloisa James - A Kiss at Midnight: Cinderella for adults
Marissa Meyer - Scarlet: Red riding hood but set in the future, a good squeal to Cinder which I read in 2014.
Eloisa James - When Beauty Tamed the Beast: Beauty and the beast for adults.
Eloisa James - Storming the Castle: Short sequeal to A Kiss At Midnight.
Eloisa James - The Duke is Mine: Princess & the Pea for adults.
Aimée Carter - The Goddess Inheritance: This serie is still going strong and I really liked it.
E.L. James - Fifty Shades Darker: Just like Twilight, the second book is the worst.
E.L. James - Fifty Shades Freed: This one I liked again.
Stephanie Perkins - Anna and the French Kiss: I loved this book so much!

Eloisa James - Storming the Castle: This is becoming my favourite guilty pleasure series of books.
James Dashner - The Death Cure: Good book but I didn't like the ending at all.
Jill Mansell - Sheer Mischief: First Mansell book I've read and it's hilarious.
Jill Mansell - Miranda's Big Mistake: Also hilarious and the perfect summer holiday book.
Eloisa James - Winning the Wallflower: I'm reading way too much of these bouquet books.
Richelle Mead - Shadow Kiss: I liked the first Vampire Academy book the best this one was just oke.
Richelle Mead - Blood Promise: A little bit better then the third book, still not as good as one.
John Green - Paper Towns: I like John Green books but I belong to the people who were very disappointed in the ending.
Victoria Aveyard - Red Queen: Loved this and I cannot wait for the sequel.
Julie Kagawa - The Iron Daughter: A good sequel and I really want to read the third one.
Lois Lowry - The Giver: A really good book but I was disappointing in the ending.

Kiera Cass - The Heir: Just as good as the books that came before.
Kiera Cass - The Prince:  My favourite out of the four novellas I read in the Selection book series.
Kiera Cass - The Guard: Did not like it that much, it was alright.
Aimée Carter - The Goddess Hunt: A nice novel in this book series.
Tahereh Mafi - Shatter Me: A really strong start of a very promising series.
Tahereh Mafi - Destroy Me: I loved that she wrote from this perspective, it made me connect with the character which was important for the next books in this series.
Tahereh Mafi - Unravel Me: My least favourite out of the three but I still enjoyed it.
Tahereh Mafi - Fracture Me: My least favourite novel in this series, I cannot even really remember reading it even though I did.
Tahereh Mafi - Ignite Me: A really good book to end the Shatter Me series with.
Kiera Cass - The Queen: This novella was short but good.
Kiera Cass - The Favorite: A strong novella that I really liked.

And those were all the books I read in 2015, a lot of books in the same series buy I did fully read three series this year. I'm going to throw a quick fire and answer tag in here just for fun.

Favorite book series of the year: 
I loved the Goddess Test series the best.
Favorite book of the year: 
That was Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard, without a doubt.
Have you read the books English?: 
No, also in Dutch but I don't really have a preference.
Least favourite book of the year: 
Shadow Kiss, I couldn't get into it.
Which book would you read again?
Anna and the French Kiss,
What book do you regret reading?
None of them.
What book will be the first one of 2016?
The Luxe by Anna Godbersen.


Next year I'll do another overview like this from my 2016 reading challenge but if you want to know more about any of these books, feel free to ask in the comment section.

Love,
E

No comments