L.A. Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss

My first dip into the liquid lipstick rage was the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Peach Club but I haven't used it that much because it isn't really my shade. I know every single beauty guru is going mental for the Anastasia Beverly Hills and Kat Von D liquid lipsticks but those aren't really available in the Netherlands and quit expensive. Therefore I haven't really tried any liquid lipsticks yet. You can imagine my excitement when I read a review of a similar type of product that was easier to get here. I ordered two of the Matte Flat Finish Pigment Glosses by L.A. Girl in the shades Rebel and Bazaar. As you can see, these products are marketed as lipglosses so not exactly a liquid lipstick but I think these ones are really similar. These are described as richly pigmented colours with a matte finish that are supposed to stay on your lips the whole day. This is the shade called Bazaar. A gorgeous peach colour thats more on the darker side then the really basic peach shades every brands sells.  And this is the other one, Rebel. Also a pretty shade but more daring, this is a purple shade that won't be everybody's taste because it's quite out there.

I have to say that I'm not a fan of these. The review I read was super positive but I'm kind of negative. Applying these is really hard and let's be honest, I had to Photoshop quite a bit to get these looking nice on the photo. From a distance they look okay but on close-up photos, it just looks really bad. Also I didn't like how these felt. You have to leave your lips open to let them dry which is weird but not unbearable. But then when they're on for a while and you've had a drink and some food, thec colour has completely disappeared on the inside part of your lips. This wouldn't be a problem if you could just reapply this but that's easier said then done. You can only apply these on bare lips, if you try to apply them a second time, the product will do some weird shit that ain't pretty at all.

Overall I'm do not like these at all, I hate to be this negative in reviews but I kind of hate these and think they're a waist of money. I wouldn't recommend them at all and I for sure won't buy any other shades. The colours are great but if I cannot reapply a lipstick without it flaking of my lips, it's not for me. I like a lip product that looks and feels great on my lips and honestly, these don't really do both.

You can buy the L.A. Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigmented Glosses for €5,49 at several online stores (this one for instance).

Love,
E

1 comment

  1. Thanx for the honest review! I was thinking to buy them but hesitate-now i know why;)

    ReplyDelete