H&M High Impact Eye Colour: The Verdict

As promised, today I have my final verdict on the H&M High Impact Eye Colour shadows for you. At the moment I own four shadows, three metallic ones and a matte shade. Three neutral shades and one bright one so I think I can give you quite a good review of them.
  • Candied Almond matte almond/chesnut brown
  • Shiitake satin finish pale shimmery brown
  • Sahara Dawn warm metallic burgundy
  • Baci Di Dama warm metallic gold
After trying them out thoroughly I can honestly say that I'm very impressed with these eyeshadows. The texture is creamy and buttery and every shade applies and blends very well. The pigmentation and colour range is also gorgeous. Except Sahara Dawn the shades I got are all neutrals and shades I'd wear every day but H&M also sells more 'out there'-shades like blues and green which I really want to try now after being so impressed with these.
There is one thing I wish was different though, the packaging. It looks gorgeous but feels very cheap (and doesn't photograph well because of the gold metallic lid, say hi to me in the first photo). Also I'm not a huge fan of mono's I really want a palette in which I could put these shadows because that would be perfect. That's just so much easier to store instead of these mono's that take up way to much space and all look the same in my drawer.
The shade I've been wearing most is Baci Di Dama, the gold shade. I love this one because I feel like it really complements my greenish eyes. It's a gorgeous neutral shade that looks amazing on its own. I really like combining it with a berry toned lipstick and that for me, is the perfect easy autumn look.
Other items I'm wearing:
Maybelline True Match Foundation N1 Ivory review
Etos Full Coverage Concealer Stick Porcelain
Catrice Eyebrow Set
Essence Lash & Brow Mascara
Catrice Kohl Kajal Black
Catrice Glam & Doll Volume Mascara
Catrice Transparant Mattifying Powder
TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer review
H&M Pure Radiance Powder Blusher Deep Brown review
Sleek Blush 923 Pomegranate review
Catrice Ultimate Stay Lipstick Plum & Base review

And this is the look I made with the other shadows. I started by blending Candied Almond in the crease. Then I applied Shiitake to the inner third of my lid and Sahara Dawn to the outer part. Blended it all together and to finish the eyeshadows I applied Candied Almond to my lower lashline, I added some liner and mascara and voila, a beautiful autumnal look.
Other items I'm wearing:
The Body Shop Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream
Etos Full Coverage Concealer Stick Porcelain
Catrice Camouflage Cream review
Catrice Eyebrow Set
Essence Lash & Brow Mascara
HEMA Soft Eyeliner
Catrice Glam & Doll Volume Mascara
Catrice Transparant Mattifying Powder
TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer review
H&M Pure Radiance Powder Blusher Deep Brown review
Essence Cinderella Blush 01 So This Is Love
Maybelline Colour Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil 110 Pink So Chic review

Love,
E

No comments