Follow The Tutorial: A Pop Of Color Or Just Blue Eyeshadow By Melisaa Alatore

A while back I did my first 'follow the tutorial' post and I enjoyed doing that so much that I decided to do it again. This time a more heavy look that's not something I'd wear out (even though I kind of want to). It's a super bright blue smokey eye look that looks really cool I think but it's just not me, I felt really weird with it. A little bit like a super hero even because the eyeshadow made me think off a mask. That doesn't take away from the fact that this look is just awesome and I love recreating it.

A blue smokey eye like this is something I never made or wore before and I don't think I'll start wearing it. I don't think blue is a colour that makes my eyes pop, they just blend in with the shades in my opinion. Still it looks really cool and if I ever decide to dress up like a mermaid this would be perfect.
The products replacements I used:
Makeup For Ever Ultra HD Foundation - Y255 // L'Oréal True Match Foundation - N1 Ivory Tarte Maracuja Concealer - light Sand // Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer - Light NARS Laguna Bronzer // Sleek Face Form Contouring And Blush Palette - Fair (bronzer) Tarte 12hr blush - Exposed // Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush - 120 Pink Rose Becca x Jaclyn Hill - Champagne Pop // TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil - Black Bean // HEMA Waterproof Eyeliner - 01 Black Makeup Geek eyeshadow - Nautica // Revolution Awesome Eyeshadow Collection - Nudes And Smoked (eight colour top row) Makeup Geek eyeshadow - Peacock // Revolution Awesome Eyeshadow Collection - Nudes And Smoked (tenth colour sixth row) Makeup Geek eyeshadow - Stealth // Revolution Awesome Eyeshadow Collection - Nudes And Smoked (fifth colour sixth row) Makeup Geek eyeshadow - Corrupt // Sleek i-Divine Palette - Storm (last colour bottom row) Benefit Roller Lash // Catrice Glam & Doll Volume Mascara MAC Creme D'Nude // MAC Creme Cup
I don't think my look is as pretty as the one Melissa Alatorre did but I still like how it turned out. I think mine is a little bit to winged out and I would have liked it to be more rounded but something things just don't go the way you want to. I could also have blended a little bit more, like always 'when you think you're done blending, blend some more' applies here. Also my left brow looks a bit wonky but everything else turned out great I think. I didn't apply false lashes because I just don't have any at the moment but they would have made the look complete I think. Now the blue is really overpowering and my lashes don't look as prominent as I'd want them to. I do think this look can be made more wearable. You could make a neutral look and just add the pop of color in your inner corners, then you'd have the color without the smokiness. Personally I think you should be able to wear everything out and if I'd see a person with a beautiful smoky blue eyelook on the train, I'd just think that person is really cool and edgy. For me this is more for parties or even Halloween. 
Love, 
E

No comments