The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter


When it comes to skin care, I usually stick to the things because I know that my it works for my skin. I'm also the worst when it comes to skin care, I have a routine but when I don't feel like I just wipe my face with some micellar water. I know it's bad but don't we all have those days? During this last month however I've been trying harder to take care of my skin (which has payed off) and I've also tried some new products. Today I'm reviewing one of those is the cleansing butter I'm writing about today.

I've never tried a cleansing butter before but I've been wanting to for a while now. Obviously I've been wanting to try the Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm but since that is quite expensive I went for the one by the Body Shop. I've heard a lot of good things about this one and it hasn't disappointed me. The idea of a cleansing balm is really simple, you just massage the product into your face, wipe it off with some lukewarm water and gone is most of your makeup. I say most because I find that it doesn't completely removes my eye makeup. I still have a black wash under my eyes after I washed off the balm but this wash is easily removed with some micellar water (I'm currently using the Garnier one). When I first started using this I was afraid that it would make my skin act up because essentially your applying an oil to your face but I haven't seen a single pimple. As long as you wipe your face off thoroughly, you should be fine as well. I don't know if the balm works miracles for your skin but I haven't noticed that my skin got worse, it just stayed the same.
Removing my makeup with a butter feels really glamorous for some reason, I cannot explain it. It feels like I'm in a spa or something similar but then for a really affordable price. I've been using this balm for two weeks now and I've decided I like it. At first I wasn't sure because I didn't know how my skin would react but luckily it reacted in a good way. No major changed but using this balm (and the other new product I bought) has made my skin more clear and less dry. Soon I'll do a post in which I'll show you my evening skin care routine but for now I'll just say this. If your looking for a new product to take your makeup off, definitely give this a try. It's affordable, good and (before I forget to mention it) smells nice. It's just an overall good product.

You can buy the 'Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter' at The Body Shop for €13.-
Love,
E

No comments