L'Oréal Colour Riche L'Ombre Pure Mono's


Today I'm reviewing a product that's much raved about in the beauty community. I've put off buying them for a while because I really don't need anymore eyeshadows. Well that was until I saw them for 50% off, then I couldn't resist them anymore. I only had a limited choice because they were in the discount bin but I got two shades, I got 201 Cafe Saint Germain and 600 Opalescent.

There are multiple lines of eyeshadows in the Colour Riche L'Ombre Pure line. Nude, chameleon, matte, smoky, pop and lumiere. Cafe Saint Germain is part from the nude line and Opalescent is part from the cameleons. They come ins sleek black/gold packaging which I love and for once, a mono doesn't have a useless sponge applicator. I mean, doesn't every girl has real makeup brushes nowadays?



I'm starting with Opalescent, which has a beautiful check pattern. Like I said, this shade is part from the Chameleon line. The Chameleons are really shimmery shades that look a little bit different every time you look at them. In the pan it already looks gorgeous.


This is the other shade I got, Cafe Saint Germain which is part from the nude line. This line obviously consists out of nude shades. In the pan this reminds me a lot of Mac Satin Taupe which is one of my favourite eyeshadows. Let's take a look at the swatches.

Wauw, these are absolutely gorgeous. Opalescent doesn't show up on camera very well but in real life it's really pretty. I think I can best describe it as a pearly shade with a pink sheen, kind of duo-chrome. The other shade, Cafe Saint Germain, is best described as a brown taupe and my favourite out of the two because it's so wearable. I said it looked very similar to Satin Taupe by mac but it's not.  That shade is a lot more brown and more cool-toned than this L'Oréal one. Next to each other, Cafe Saint Germain is more pink toned with a golden sheen over it, it's gorgeous.

My face says it all, I love these shadows. I did try to include an eyelook in this review but these just don't photograph very well. I applied Opalescent all over my lid and Cafe Saint Germain in the crease and it just looked absolutely gorgeous, I love the combination. These eyeshadows are definitely worth the money, I cannot say I've tried a lot of high end eyeshadows but these are definitely just as good as Mac shadows, I don't have a bad word to say about them.

You can buy the L'Oréal Colour Riche L'Ombre Pure Mono Eyeshadows for €10,49.

Love, 
E

No comments