Bourjois Aqua Laque 02 Rosé On The Rocks


Today I'm reviewing a product I've heard mixed reviews about, the new product in the Rouge Edition line by Bourjois, The Aqua Laque. I've read both positive and negative reviews about it and I really wanted to try it out myself,  I kept it off for quite a long time but when I finally had the change to swatch them, I fell in love with this shade and I had to buy it.

This is the Aqua Laque in the shade '02 Rosé On The Rocks', a lip product that isn't like anything I've ever tried before. According to Bourjois, this lipstick gives your lips a mirror-like shine, intense colour and 10 hours of hydration. It's supposed to be a non-sticky formula that glides on easily, creating a water-light sensation on the lips. There are 8 shades available and it should last for a long time. I swatched all of them and decided on this very wearable pink shade.

When I first tried this lip product, I was really surprised. I heard the texture was really weird and it's true, it feels really weird on the lips. The pigmentation at first is quite good but when you start to distribute the product over your lips, it becomes more sheer and you feel the weird texture really well. It just feels really watery and kind of jelly, the weird feeling wears off though, after a while it just feels like a lipbalm/gloss. After I was over the weird feeling, I decided that I like this product. It's a nice nude pinky shade that I've been wearing all the time since I got it. It wears really comfortable (once you're over the texture) but you do have to reapply after a meal or every 2 hours.

I think this is definitely a love or hate product. If you like more sheer, moisturizing glosses, I think you'll like this but if you don't, you won't. Personally I love it, I've been wearing it a lot and especially this color, is really wearable. The formula is not drying at all and it's just such an easy shade to quickly apply.

The Bourjois Aqua Laque's cost €14,19 and there are 8 shades available.

Love,
E.

No comments