Essence Easy 2 Use Eyeliner Pen


And the quest for the perfect eyeliner continues, why is it so hard for brands to make a good black thin eyeliner pen? You can read my latest two eyeliner reviews here and here, both pens are nice but there is always something that isn't perfect. Then it's not black enough and then the felt tip is just rubbish. When Essence released their new product they also released a new eyeliner pen, I wasn't too excited but when I saw some loving reviews, I decided to give it a try.

Essence has to following to say about this new eyeliner:
The name says it all: super accurate eyeliner styles are as easy as child’s play with the easy 2 use eyeliner pen. No matter whether subtle or expressive – thanks to the innovative brush tip, individual eyeliner looks are super easy, even for newbies!


As you can see, the tip is made out of little hairs instead of a sponge. Another popular eyeliner that has this type of tip is the Tattoo Liner by Kat Von D, which is not available here in the Netherlands. I'm really interested to see if this is easy to work with or not, there's only one way to find out, let's swatch and apply.


Well, at first I was really happy with the eyeliner, the swatch was really black and I was impressed. That was, until I swatched it again to take some photographs for my blog, this second time the eyeliner wasn't really black anymore. I decided to store it upside down for the night (to see if that was the reason) and the day after I tried it onto my eyes. It went well, until I started drawing the wing. On the photos you can see what I mean, it just looks like the eyeliner has dried out already. You can draw one eye with this eyeliner, then you have to shake and wait and maybe you can do your other eye as well. I can draw super thin lines with this pen which I like but the liquid is just really bad.

It could have been so good but sadly enough it isn't. Online I've read mixed reviews, some bloggers are super enthusiastic but others share my opinion. The tip is perfect to draw thin lines with but if it doesn't give you a black line, there's not much use to it. Maybe each pen is different and I should try it again but for now I'm not going to, this is a very cheap eyeliner but if it doesn't work properly, it's not worth the few euros.

You can buy the Essence Easy 2 Use Eyeliner Pen for €2,89.

Love,
E.

1 comment

  1. Have you tried the eye liner pen from Primark? I've seen some favourable reviews on other blogs, though I haven't had the chance to test it for myself.

    ReplyDelete