Catrice Beautifying Lip Smoother


Lately I've been really into natural makeup and my nude lipstick have been getting a lot of love. I bought a few new ones as well to be able to switch it up a bit (these ones for instance). Among my new purchases was this lip product from Catrice, it can best be defined as a lip gloss but it's a lip balm at the same time. Let's take a look at the product.

The Beautifying Lip Smoother is available in three shades; 010 Sweet Caramel, 020 Apricot Cream and 030 Cake Pop of which I got the second shade. I didn't really take a look at which shade I bought at the store because I was mainly looking for ones that weren't used, be sure to check really good because this is one of those product you definitely want to be unused when you buy it.

Like I said, this product is a crossbreed between a lip balm and a lip gloss. It has moisturizing ingredients like shea butter, vitamin e and jojoba oil in it but it's also to give your lips a nice coat of shine.

This is how the product comes out, it comes out of three holes that are hidden in a little sponge. Not the most hygienic way which is why you have to make sure you get an unused one. Even though this way is not sanitary it is really easy and if you're the only person who used it, I don't see any harm in it.

As you can see on this swatch, the lip gloss is really sheer. This is not really the case however, it's a gorgeous peachy or apricot shade which is a bit more pigmented than you can see on this photo. Let's take a look at what the shade and product looks like on my lips....

This is how the gloss looks on my lips, very transparent and a little bit peachy. The first thing I noticed was the taste, this tastes absolutely amazing, like caramel or something. Even though the gloss is sheer, I really like it. This sheer peachy tint is just really good when I don't know anything to wear, nice to wear everyday.

I definitely think this is a really good product. It doesn't smooth out my lips like it promises but it's definitely moisturizing and delicious. Especially the taste is why I've used it so much during the past few days. I also really like the shade, the peachy colour fits every makeup looks and I just love it!

You can buy the Catrice Beautifying Lip Smoother for €3,59 and there are thee shades available (I really want the pink one as well haha)

Love,
E.

No comments