W7 In The Buff Natural Nudes Eye Colour Palette


Eyeshadows! Just like lipsticks I have way too many (and blush is taking over my makeup drawer as well) and guess what, I bought more. On one of my most recent shopping trips I picked up this palette from a brand that I never tried before, W7 to be exact. This is a British brand and their palettes have been quite the trend here in The Netherlands. They are known for being a dupe for the infamous Urban Decay Naked palette. At the store I went to they had four different palettes and the one I went for is called 'In The Buff Natural Nudes' and is supposed to be a dupe for Naked 2. I cannot compare them to you but I can review this beauty. Let's see if it's any good.

There is one thing I can compare however, the packaging. The Naked 2 palette as well as the In The Buff palette both come in taupe-coloured tin case with grayish letters. Also both palettes come with a little duel-sided brush, these however aren't the same. The brush from the Urban Decay has two sides with hairs and and this one has a sponge on one side and hairs on the other. I never use sponge applicators but the brush in this palette is quite good. I'm currently using it to apply loose pigments and I'd have to say, it works great for that.



Even the inside of the palette looks similar, twelve rectangle eyeshadows in a row. I'm a little bit disappointed by the shadows to be honest, they're all a bit chalky and some of the shades are less pigmented then others. Still for a budget palette it's quite good, I'd prefer a palette from MUA or Sleek because those eyeshadows are more buttery but this is not bad at all. Let's take a look at their performance.

I made this look using Buff, Sand, Chocolate, Thunder and Onyx. Buff as a inner corner and brow bone highlight, Sand all over the lid, Chocolate in my crease and finally Onyx as my eyeliner. I've to say that I'm not very impressed with these eyeshadows. They have lots of fall out and they're quite crumbly. The final look is alright but the shadows apply quite patchy. They do blend together really well though. I've read so much good reviews on this palette and it just didn't live up to my expectations, I do think I'll use this a lot because it's a really nice neutral one but I thought it would be much better then it is.

Well the colours are gorgeous but the quality of these shadows are less then I expected. That doesn't mean that I don't like it, it's a nice palette, especially for the price. It costed me €8,49 which is a very good price for a palette like this. I do however still want to try a real Urban Decay Naked Palette to see if the quality of those is better. This budget one is a dupe for Naked 2 but if I buy a different one I can probably justify it (still way too expensive).


Love,
E

No comments