L'Oréal True Match Foundation


It's currently winter (if you didn't know that already), that means I'm as pale as a ghost. This also meant that my foundation was getting way too dark. I was still using the Rimmel Match Perfection Light Perfecting Radiance foundation (review) which was a little bit too dark at the moment and as good as empty. The Dutch stores didn't have any foundations that were light enough so I went online and found this one from L'Oréal. This is the True Match Super-Blendable Foundation that has been quite popular in bloggerland lately. You can get this in the Dutch stores but not the lightest shade, N1 Ivory so I ordered it on feelunique.com (where it's also slightly cheaper then here in the Netherlands).

This foundation is available in quite a lot of shades, from dark to very light. The one is called N1 Ivory and it's the lightest shade available (not sold in the Netherlands). I've never tried a L'Oréal foundation before but everybody is always raving about them so I'm quite curious. The foundation is infused with micro mineral pigments that are supposed to perfectly match the skin tone. It's also supposed to make the skin look better in two weeks but personally I don't believe in foundations that make skin look more even or anything, good skin care is the key to that.

Personally I already have quite good skin so I probably won't see any difference at all. I've been tryin this foundation for two weeks now and I really like it. I don't have any blemishes or anything since I started using it but I also cannot say it made my skin look better. On the first photo you can see me without any makeup, on the second one with just foundation and on the third photo I've applied all of my makeup. The foundation had a semi high coverage and makes my skin look absolutely flawless. The only negative thing I have to say about it, is the fact that it's not very moisturizing, even a little bit drying to be honest. I feel like it makes me dry areas (nose, in between my eyebrows) more visible. I really have to make sure I apply a good moisturizer before I apply the foundation.

Products I used:
L'Oréal True Match Foundation N1 Ivory
NYX HD Photogenic Concealer CW 01 (review)
Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set 01 Natural Brunette
MUA Heaven & Earth Eyeshadow Palette (review)
Essence Metallic Effect Eyeshadow 35 Party All Night
Catrice Kohl Kajal 010 Ultra Black
Maybelline Lash Sensational Lash Multiplying Mascara
Catrice Prime And Fine Mattifying Powder 010 Translucent (review)
Catrice Gradation Blush Waterloo Sunrise (review)
Sleek Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette 372 Fair (review)
MAC Retro Matte Lipstick Pink Plaid (review)

I'm wearing a very simple eye look on my eyes that I created mainly with my 'Heaven & Earth' palette by MUA. I used 'Catacomb' all over my lid and applied 'Amber Dune' in my crease and along my lower lashline. 'Aurora' is my highlight and I made a very subtle line with 'Bedrock'. To give the look a little bit more sparkle I padded some of Essence's 'Party All Night' on top and to give my eyes more depth I tightlined my eyes with a black pencil. On the rest of my face I used my favourite soft pink blush and the bronzer and highlighter from my Sleek contouring palette. On my lips I'm wearing my favourite pinkish nude shade and that completes my neutral makeup look.

I'm very happy that I finally have a foundation that is light enough for my light winter skin but I'm not very excited about the drying part of it. Especially in the winter time I have really dry areas on my face and this one isn't helping hiding that. Luckily I can put a sh*t load of moisturizer on face and make it work. I bought mine for €13,59 which is a very nice price for a drugstore/high street foundation (and it's two euros cheaper then here in Holland). I think this is a really good foundation for people with oily skin but if your skin is really dry you're better of with a different one, like the Rimmel one I was talking about at the beginning of this post. If that one came in a lighter shade I'd probably repurchase it instead of this one.

Love,
E

No comments