Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Collection


A day after a Christmas I decided to buy myself a Christmas present but it didn't arrive until last week. The present I gave to myself was this set of Real Techniques brushes. I already own one real techniques brush which I use every single day to apply my foundation (read my review of the Expert Face Brush here) and I wanted to see if I'd like other brushes from this brand as well.

The set I got is the 'Duo Fiber Collection' which contains three brushes. A face brush, a contour brush and an eye brush, all duo-fiber. These brushes have two different types of hairs (which makes it duo-fiber) and is therefore perfect to create soft layers and add texture to your face.

Most real techniques are pink, purple or orange but this set (it's limited edition but I already wanted to buy this in the summer so it's around for a while now) has white handles. I think I like this look better then the standard one, it looks more classic and I think just looks a little bit more expensive. However the colours from the standard line are coming back in these ones, the letters on the brush are in the colours as the handles usually are. On one side of the handles you can see the brand but on the other side it says what kind of brush it is.

This is what the brushes look like up close. It looks like the hairs are two toned but that's not the case. There are black hairs and white hairs and these two different types of hairs make these brushes duo-fiber.
  • Duo-Fiber Eye Brush: This is the smallest brush out of the three. I already have two similar brushes from HEMA but those one is a thousand times softer. Because this brush is so soft it blends my eyeshadow seamlessly. I've been using this every day since I got this and the other two have barely been touched since.
  • Duo-Fiber Contour Brush: This one is bigger then the eye brush but still quite small. This one is intended to contour and I'd have to say it took me some time to get used to this one the first couple of times I contoured with it. I used to contour with a big blush brush but this works so much better. At first you get a very harsh line but with some blending it looks so much better.
  • Duo-Fiber Face Brush: This is the biggest brush. It's very fluffy and is designed for lightweight application and blending of face powder or pigments. I started using this as my powder brush but it was too small to my liking, I prefer using it for blush. It applied blushes very softly and I love the result. The size is perfect for my cheeks and it gives me the perfect flushed cheeks.
And that's about all I have to say about it. These brushes have found their way into my daily makeup routine and I'm very glad I got them (especially since I bought them when they were on sale). Real Techniques has a few selling points (even in Holland since a while) but I got mine from lookfantastic.com, there they cost €31,42.

Love,
E

No comments