Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush Cherub


I don't know why but lately I've been wanting to buy a lot of makeup again. Every product I see looks appealing and when I hear and see bloggers talk about new products I immediately add them to my 'to buy list'. That's how this product I'm reviewing today ended up in my virtual basket. I cannot remember when or in what video, but ever since I heard Estée from essiebutton.com talk about this blush I have been wanting it. I however had no idea how to get it, that was until I discovered the wonderful world of online beauty shopping, something I never did before. It started with an offer on the Real Techniques brushes (read my review here) and now I'm checking feelnique.com and lookfantastic.com every single day. I haven't ordered anything yet but I don't think it will take long (read: when my salary comes I'll crave) till I do. For now I'm just going to review this blush by Daniel Sandler.

Daniel Sandler is a relatively unknown brand to me. As far as I knew this by a makeupartist created brand, was only sold in the UK. Turns out there are also two selling points outside the UK, in Norway and Spain. Everybody else has to buy the products online (read here where).
Sandler is a international makeup artist and claims his makeup is easy and quick to apply and contains the best ingredients. I personally had never heard of him and but that doesn't matter since I don't know many makeup artists anyway. Daniel Sandler is all about enhancing beauty and after all, that's we all want right?

The watercolour blush is like the name suggests a liquid. I've never tried a liquid blush before but I don't think that weird since there aren't a lot of liquid blushers on the market. There are some but most brand only have cream of powderblushes. I that aspect this one is quite special I think. The packaging of it doesn't look expensive and fancy but it still makes me feel like a pro, it just looks like something a professional makeup artist would have in it's kit.

The products comes out of this little pipette, when you squeeze in the bottle, out falls a little pink drop. Before you do this however you have to shake vigorously because the product separates. When you leave the bottle standing for a while you can clearly see that there are two different fluids. On top a sheer layer and below that one that's light pink. Once you've shaken the bottle you're left with a light pink fluid that to me, looks a little bit like paint.

Because this blush is very pigmented you only need one drop for both of your cheeks. The formula is very runny so be a little bit careful when you squeeze out that one drop on your hand or finger. There is also a brush available called the waterbrush which you can use. On the photo above it looks like there are shimmers in this blush but that's not the case, as you can see on the next photo.

This shade is called 'Cherub' and as you can see it's a pale pink, my favourite shade when it comes to blush. In total there are 11 shades so if this one isn't your cup of tea (which I doubt since it's gorgeous) there are a lot of other options for you. For those of you who are intrested, here's a full list of the ingredients in this blush.
Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, C18-38 Alkyl Hydroxystearoyl Stearate, Cera Alba, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyethylene, Alcohol Denat. [+/- CI 77891, CI77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 75470, CI 45380, CI 77007, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Tin Oxide, Mica]

Other products I'm wearing:
Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set

On the cheeks the blush gives a very pretty healthy effect. It gives me a healthy pink glow and looks very natural. 'Cherub' is one the most popular shade (I think) and I can understand why, it's the perfect natural everyday blush. I applied it by dropping a dot of colour on the back of my hand and then padding the product on my cheeks with my finger. Then I blended the pink dots I had on my face out with a finger as well. Really easy and the perfect amount of colour!

I ordered Cherub on Feel Unique for €16,50 but apparently it was on sale then because now it costs €19,29. This blush is gorgeous and I'm very glad I purchased this beautiful blush and I think this will for sure be a huge favourite. Another big plus is the fact that it's waterproof and superlonglasting, which is a very good thing if you live in the Netherlands like me where it's always raining. I also think this will be very good during the summertime since this probably won't slide of your face like a lot of makeup does in the heat.... I'm in love at the moment and I really want more shades now but I think I'll hold back for a while since this blush isn't the cheapest. What are your thoughts on this blush and what shades would you recommend? I'm very curious!

Love,
E

No comments