Chloé Eau De Parfum

The perfume I'm reviewing today is one that I've had my eye on for a while. Chloé is THE signature scent of the French fashion house that goes by the same name. It launched not too long ago (2007) but has become a real classic that you'll find on many vanity's.

I got Chloé in this beautiful gift box (along with a body lotion but I won't review that one) but funny enough I couldn't find this version online. 
The bottle is very pretty, classic and recognizable. The designer drew on the detail of the sleeve of a Chloé blouse as the inspiration for the pleated glass of the flacon, giving it a very delicate feel. Of course the thing that makes this perfume a showstopper, is the loosely knotted light pink ribbon which in my opinion could be inspired by that same blouse the designer was talking about.
According to Chloé, the scent captures the creative, confident individuality of the Chloé womana, a fresh and feminine fragrance suited to a free spirit with an utterly innate sense of chic. Well to me this doesn't say a lot so let's take a look at the notes.
Top notes: peony, freesia and litchi
Middle notes: rose, magnolia and lily-of-the-valley
Base notes: amber and virginia cedar
Then main note I smell is definitely the rose, but even though I'm not a huge fan of the scent of rose, I really like how it smells. It's very subtle and because of the other floral/powdery notes this perfume smells more like a springy bouquet to me then just roses. The scent starts fresh and feminine but a when the base notes shine though after a while, the scent becomes warmer and more seductive. In Dutch I would describe this scent as a 'lekker' perfume (there is no English translation for this) and perfect for everyday but also the sultry evenings.
Chloé is extremely longlasting and is in my opinion perfect to wear on a daily basis but also to a date or work. As far as I know, Chloé is available at most perfumery's.
Eau de Parfum 30 ML € 49,95
Eau de Parfum 50 ML € 73,00
Eau de Parfum 75 ML € 93,00
I reviewed the 50 ML version and of course the prices will be different in other parts of the world. The are for my Dutch readers.

Love,
E

No comments