Catrice Viennart Blush Floral OrnARTment

Hello my lovely readers,

Back in October I wrote about the Catrice limited edition that would launch in December. Well now it's December and the products are in the drugstores. Overall the collection looked very appealing (read: omg those eyeshadows) but I was a good girl and only purchased the blush.
Like I said, I only took the blush with me but I also swatched the eyeshadows and those looked gorgeous. The thing I absolutely didn't like were the lipsticks, way too shimmery but if that's your thing...
Beauty Vernissage. The fascinating glamour of Art Nouveaux is celebrating an impressive comeback. Floral elements and elegant lace applications attract the attention of the front rows at the international fashion shows. Designers are placing great emphasis on a modern interpretation of slim silhouettes and ornamental prints. The limited edition 'Viennart' by Catrice unites this trend in an artistic and extremely feminine beauty collection. From mid November to December 2014, various red nuances are combined with apricot. Mauve is contrasted with metallic lavender and modern gold as well as shimmering mother-of-pearl create glamorous highlights. Fascinating Art Nouveau.

The packaging of this blush is a little bit cheap looking but firm, it feels very sturdy because the plastic is quite thick. I would however liked it better if the packaging was black, that would have given the blush a much more sophisticated look. The look of the actual powder makes up for this however, the pattern makes it look absolutely gorgeous.


The ornamental pattern is like I said, very pretty and fits the art nouveaux theme perfectly. It's made up out of two shades, apricot and light pink. Both of them are matte and for the rest they're quite simple. Looks aside, let's take a look at the swatches.

Like I said, the blush is a mix of peach and light pink but when you mix them together you get a peachy colour. The blush is quite pigmented so I can recommend swiping or ticking some of the excess off your brush before you apply it, after you've done this it gives you beautiful healthy looking cheeks. The blush is without a doubt pinkish but there are some reddish tones in it which makes perfect for this time of the year and for me, brings out the green in my eyes.
I highly recommend this blush because it's a very good autumn/winter staple for your collection. This will work with almost any look (except red lips) and it's a really stunner to look at as well. It costs €3,99 and it's limited edition which means it will only be available until the end of December.

Love,
E

No comments