The Beauty Bag #1

Hello my lovely readers,

I cannot remember on which blog I exactly saw this concept for the first time but I do know that Vivianna from www.viviannadoesmakeup.com and Lilly from www.lilypebbles.co.uk sometimes do this as well. They basically show you which products are in their makeup bag at that moment and I always enjoy reading those posts. Therefore I thought it would be fun to do this myself, let's take a look at the makeup I've been wearing on a daily basis lately.
Here's an overview of all the products I usually wear. I don't wear makeup every single day but when I do these have been my staples. For me this is a simple autumnal look that is perfect for this time of the year. I'll go through them in the way that I apply them.
  • Rimmel Match Perfection Light Perfecting Radiance Foundation: 100 Ivory (review)
    This is my favourite foundation of the moment, the shade is perfect for me and this doesn't break me out at all. It also has an SPF 18 in it which makes a separate sunscreen unnecessary.
  • Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (review)
    I apply my foundation with this brush, it's easy and gives me a flawless base to work with. 
  • Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer: Fair (review)
    After I applied my foundation I move on to concealer. This Collection one is my absolute favourite but unfortunately I cannot get it here in the Netherlands. I don't know what I'm going to do when it runs out because this is perfect for concealer the dark under eye circles that I always seem to have. 
  • Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set: 01 Natural Brunette
    For me brows are very important and I rarely leave the door without doing something to them. Since this summer I've been using this set from Essence and I still love it. The packaging is crappy but the quality of the actual product is really good. I use the lightest color on the inner part of my brows and the darker powder on the outside, this gives my strong but natural brows. Around this time of the year I always feel like brows can be a little bit darker so I usually make a bit darker then I would do in summer. 
  • Catrice Lash//Brow Designer
    I set my brows with this clear browgel. It keeps them in place and makes sure that I don't 'loose' my brows during the day.
  • Maybelline Eyestudio Color Tattoo: 40 Permanent Taupe (review)
    As my eyeshadow base I use this colour tattoo, this matte taupe shade gives my eyes a little bit extra without a lot of effort. It also makes sure that the eyeshadow I use on top doesn't crease at all.
  • MAC Velvet Eyeshadow: Mulch (review)
    After I applied that base I apply this brown shadow in my crease, and blend it out. This was my first MAC product and the shade is absolutely perfect for this time of the year.
  • MAC Frost Eyeshadow: Satin Taupe (review)
    The last eyeshadow I apply is this shimmery taupe one. I apply it all over the lid on top of the Color Tattoo. This gives the look something extra and it just looks very pretty as well.
  • HEMA Waterproof Eyeliner: 01
    Time to give my eyes some more depth by tightlinging them. I use this black eyeliner that stays on for the whole day and I only do this on my top lash line (is that the correct term?).
  • NYC Eyelash Curler
    Not much to say about this step, I just curl my lashes. I don't have any preferences, this is just the one I'm using at the moment. 
  • Maybelline Volum' Express One By One Mascara: Satin Black (review)
    Still using this red devil as my mascara. Back in August I wrote a review about it and now, almost four months later I still don't want to part with it. This makes my lashes look amazing and I still cannot get over the fact that my lashes stay flexible and soft when I wear this. 
  • Catrice All Matt Plus Shine Control Powder: 010 Transparent (review)
    Moving on to the rest of my face and the fact that I hit pan on this powder tells you how much I like this powder. It's a simple basic powder but it keeps my face shine-free for the whole day. It's also really durable because I bought this over a year ago and my pan isn't even that huge.
  • Sleek Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette: Fair 372 (review)
    Time to give my face some definition. I start by contouring a little with the bronzer in this palette. Not much, just a little bit of it in the hollows o my cheeks and on my temples. Then I use the highlighter on top op cheekbones.
  • Catrice Gradation Blush: Waterloo Sunrise (review)
    This blush was part of an spring limited edition but I still use this almost every day. It's a soft pink  shade that makes my look less dead and sick and actually a little bit healthy. 
  • Essence Lipliner: 01 Soft Rose
    This lipliner is becoming a little bit short don't you think? Well it's a good indication for you to actually see how much I use this. During the past month I've mostly been wearing nude lips (with the occasional red lip in between) and this lipliner is the one I use with almost every nude lipstick. 
  • Rimmel By Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick: My Cool Nude
    I was just looking up this lipstick online to see the exact name and guess what, the shade has a name. I think mine is three years old now and I never knew that. Lately I had forgotten this lipstick a bit but now I've rediscovered it and I love it again.
And that was it for the first ever 'Beauty Bag'. Let me know if you liked this post and if you want to see more like it. 

Love,
E.

No comments