Catrice Velvet Finish Foundation with Hyaluron

Hello my lovely readers,

Somebody bought something she didn't need.... I promised to myself that I wouldn't buy a new foundation until I'd finished the two that I still have lying in my vanity. Well I broke that promise when I stood in front a big Catrice shelf.
The reason I couldn't resist about this foundation is the small word 'Hyaluron'. I've heard a lot good things about this ingredient and therefore I got really excited when I saw this product. This is what Catrice has to say about their new foundation:
This velvety-matt foundation unites know-how and care to offer an instantly fresh effect: moisturizing hyaluron with a repair complex compromising vitamin E and B5, pampering allantoin as well as an SPF of 30. The optical lifting effect ensures flawless skin and fine lines are visibly minimized.
An instant fresh effect, do me one of those please! There are four shades of this Foundation and I went for the lightest one called '010 Light Velvet', I read online that this foundation can look a little bit orange but I hope that won't be the case.
The foundation comes in a little glass bottle made out of thick sturdy glass with a matte finish and holds 30ml/1fl.oz. It has a black pump (that is almost as big as the whole bottle) which is not only handy but also hygienic. On top of the clear lid you find the name of the shade.  I think the packaging looks nice, chic and quite expensive, Catrice did a good job.


The foundation does lean a bit towards the orange side but if you blend it out right you should be fine. This does mean that this foundation won't work on lighter skin tones, if your skin tone is like mine you should be fine, just blend it out correctly. 'Light Velvet' has a pink undertone and like it said tends to become a little bit orange when you apply it. It gives me a very pretty finish though, my skin looks like velvet (hence the name) and my imperfections have disappeared. This foundation is also quite long lasting and at the end of the day my skin still looks as flawless as it did in the beginning.
I'm very curious what this foundation will do with my skin in the long run, I'll keep you updated on that. Even though the quality is amazing, you pay €7,99 which is quite expensive for a Catrice foundation. I do however think it's worth it. It's an good foundation and I think it will come in very handy when I have a little bit of a tan. If you happen to stumble upon a store with the extra large shelves, you have to give it a try.

Love,
E.

No comments