Revlon Parfumerie Scented Nail Enamel

Hello my lovely readers,

The products from Revlon that are sold here in the Netherlands are just not that great, the best launched do not seem to come here. One of the products I wish was sold here is are the 'Parfumerie Scented Nail Enamels'. Luckily for me these polishes are sold in England and when I went to London, I picked up two of these 'special' nail polishes.
The two shades I bought are 'Autumn Spice' and 'Italian Leather', in Boots these (and another shade) were standing separate from the rest and I thought this was the autumn line. Guess I thought wrong since I cannot find and proof of an autumn collection. Still these shades are perfect to wear in the autumn time, let's take a look at them.
First I want to address the packaging, these nail polishes look incredibly cute. Their appearance fits the name, the truly look like little perfume bottle. That is however not the special thing about these, the polishes are supposed to have a scent that fits the shade. Well when I opened the bottles and smelled, I pulled back very quickly. You can smell some sort of scent that is not supposed to be in a nail polish bottle but it still smelled very chemical and nail polish-like.
The first one I'm going to talk about is 'Autumn Spice'. This is a gorgeous rich brown polish with loads of golden/brown shimmers and it's completely opaque after two coats. The scent is very special, this actually smells like a Dutch treat called 'pepernoten', I don't think you know what this is if you live outside of the Netherlands but let me tell you, they are delicious. They are only available during the autumn an winter time (until the fifth of December, then they go on sale) and this nail polish smells exactly like those little cookies. Let me know if you want a recipe for them!
The other nail polish is called 'Italian Leather' and this is a greenish gray with that does indeed remind me of leather. It also has some sort of metallic sheen woven through it but that disappears almost completely on the nails. This one is also opaque in two layers. The scent of this polish is really weird, it does not really smell like leather but it does smell like something, I recognize is but cannot find the word to describe it.
I'm super happy with my new nail polishes and I think I will get a ton of wear out of these this autumn. The scents are a nice extra and your nails do smell when you're wearing these polishes but only if you bring your nails to your nose and look like a weirdo. They cost £6,49 a piece and there are a lot more cute shades available

Love,
E.

No comments