Nina Ricci - Ricci Ricci

Hello my lovely readers,

Lately I've been getting tired off all my perfumes, I have quite a few but none of them where appealing to me in the morning, I just didn't feel like wearing them. Well for me that's the sign that I have to buy a new one, so I did.
This perfume by Nina Ricci is one that I've been eyeing for a while now, I've smelled it a few times but I always found it too expensive to buy. That was until last week, I work a Dutch drugstore and when I saw it was available for 25% off I had to get it.
The perfume is called 'Ricci Ricci' and it's an eau de parfume by Nina Ricci. The bottle is very pretty, and it's basically shaped like a purple present with a big shin. To spray something on you take the top of the bow off. I really like the look of this, it reminds me of Christmas (or Sinterklaas, depends on what you celebrate), but it's extremely hard to make nice photographs of it. The bow reflects me and it also collects dust like no other which makes it looks really dirty in the photos, it's pretty in real life though. That's also the reason that I went online to the official Nina Ricci site to get some prettier photos in this review.
According to Nina Ricci the perfume is glamorous and audacious, it embodies an irresistible urban heroine seducing at night on the Parisian roof tops. A fragrance for an asserting and optimistic femininity. It's a fresh floral and sensual perfume created for the modern urban heroine. Here are the notes that are in the perfume:
  • Top notes: Rhubarb zest and Bergamot
  • Middle notes: Tincture of Rose, Tuberose and Dature
  • Base notes: Patchouli and Sandalwood
To me this perfume just smells really warm and autumnal. I've never seen or heard of a perfume with Rhubarb in it and I have no idea how this is supposed to smell. I do smell that their are a lot of flowers in it and the sandalwood is also quite dominant but I like that. Tuberose is one of my favourite notes in perfumes even though I have never actually owned a perfume with this in it I think. I also like that it's quite long lasting, you keep smelling it for at least 5 hours, after that it disappears but if you then spray again you're good for the whole day.
It's been two weeks since I got this perfume and I haven't been wearing anything else. This perfume just works really well with the smell of my skin and I've gotten a lot of complements on it already. I spritzed it on in the bathroom at my school and afterwards I had a couple of people say "What are you wearing, you smell nice" (in Dutch of course), I love it.

You can get this perfume in 30 ml , 50 ml and 80 ml (which I got) and since this has been out for a while now it is probably available at most stores where they sell perfumes.

Have a lovely day,
E.

No comments