MAC Satin Taupe Eyeshadow

Hello loves,

MAC..... If it's not already the case, this brand becoming my favourite when it comes to makeup brands. Every product that I've tried from them has become a huge favourite that I use all the time. I don't have a lot of products from them but the ones I do have are staples in my daily makeup routine. While I was in London I wanted to buy something in a luxurious warehouse and I almost immediately went to the MAC counter. A lovely guy helped me and I walked out with a Pro Palette Eyeshadow X4 and a pretty eyeshadow to fill it.
I'd swatched several eyeshadows in Selfridges but the one I wanted was already sold out. Then I swatched some more and went for 'Satin Taupe'. This is a very popular eyeshadow that has been on almost every blog (except this one, until today) and that I have been listing to get for a while now.
Satin Taupe has a frost finish, these shadows have small shimmer particles that create a shining iridescent appearance. Some of them are metallic and some are just a little bit shiny. They are shimmery but not glittery at all and it's one
of MAC most popular finishes.
Like the name suggests, this is a taupe shade. Taupes are always very difficult to describe and this one is no exception. In some lights this shadow looks purple, in others it looks grey and sometimes it even looks a little brownish. The texture of this eyeshadow is amazing, it's mega buttery and it truly applies like a dream. So soft and yet so pigmented.
Products I used:

Rimmel: Match Perfection Light Reflecting Radiance Foundation: 100 Ivory (review)
Collection: Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer: Fair (review)
Essence: Eyebrow Stylist Set
Essence: Lash & Brow Gel Mascara (review)
Essence: I <3 Stage Eyeshadow Base
MAC: Frost Eyeshadow: Satin Taupe
MUA: Eyeshadow Palette: Undress Me Too: Obsessed + Corrupt (review)
L'Oréal: ColorAppeal Eyeshadow: 21 Golden Beige
HEMA: Waterproof Eyeliner: 01 Black 
Maybelline: One By One Volum' Express Mascara: Satin Black (review)
Catrice All Matt Plus Shine Control Powder: 010 Transparent (review)
Sleek Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette: 372 Fair: bronzer + highlighter (review)
Catrice: Gradation Blush: Waterloo Sunrise (review)
Essence: Lipliner: 07 Cute Pink
MAC: Retro Matte Lipstick: Flat Out Fabulous (review)

The look I created is really simple, I basically created my everyday look with a little bit of a darker eye. I applied Satin Taupe all over my lid and then applied the highlighter from L'Oréal on my brow bone and inner corner. I blended these two together and defined my crease with a combination of Obsessed and Corrupt, focusing corrupt only on the outer part of my crease. To finish the look I also put some of the Corrupt eyeshadow along my lash line and a bit of Satin Taupe below the eyes. The rest of my look is really basic but with a bright lipstick (but for me that's something I do very often).
This is my second eyeshadow-purchase from MAC and the reason that I bought the palette is very simple. I'm planning on buying a whole lot more of them haha. The first one I got was Mulch (in a mono) and I still use that one an awful lot, now this taupe goddess is mine and it will probably be what's on my eyes for the next couple of weeks. MAC eyeshadows aren't that expensive (especially not if you buy the refill for the palettes), I payed £5,00 for this which is approximately €6,30. Well let me tell you, here in Holland you pay €13,00 (!!!) for a refill pan, I was very happy and angry at the same time when I discovered this. Happy because I bought a MAC eyeshadow for six euros and sad because it's so expensive in the Netherlands, it's not fair. 
Altogether, I'm very happy my new eyeshadow, it's a gorgeous shade with amazing quality and in the end half as cheap as an average L'Oréal or Maybelline mono (and better than those). 

Love,
E.

No comments