August Favourites

Hello my lovely readers,

It's a new month and for me a completely new life is starting, the life of a student. In July I did not do a favourites post because I was in France at the time but now, at the end of August, I thought it was time again. In this post I'm showing you my favourites of the month of August.
I do not have a lot of favourites this month because not much really stood out to me. These nine products did however, most of them are new for me and only one product is an golden oldie. There isn't much to talk about but there is a lot I have to say. I've also linked my reviews (if I wrote them) so if you want to read reviews them you can click those.
My first favourites of this month are these lipsticks, they are part of the limited 'Metallure' collection from Catrice and they are absolutely gorgeous. These rose gold beauties have been my favourite lipsticks of the past month and I've been wearing them a lot.  The pink one has been my go to lipstick this month and I've even worn the red one a few days (I almost never wear red lipstick).
My next favourite is also from the 'Metallure' collection, this time it's the luminizing bronzer. I've been wearing this beauty as a subtle blusher almost every day for the past two weeks and I think it looks gorgeous. It gives me a healthy almost tanned glow and I love the effect. I wrote a loving review of both this bronzer and the lipsticks and if you want to read that, click here.
My third favourite is this nail polish remover for hands and feet. I bought this in London and I think this is a genius invention. In the lid there is a little sponge that you can use to remove nail polish from your toes, I don't know about you guys but I always forget to remove the polish of my toes when I'm doing my nails. You know that problem, you've just given your hands a pretty manicure, you look down at your feet and see your horribly chipped toenails. Normally you would ruin your fresh manicure with cotton pads trying to remove the nail polish of your toes.' Zonde', as we would say in the Netherlands. This nail polish remover solves that problem in a surprisingly simple way. I have not seen this here in the Netherlands but I certainly hope they do bring it over.
This is the One By One Volum' Express Mascara from Maybelline. This is one of the few Maybelline mascaras that I've tried, that I actually like. Normally their mascaras don't work well on me but this one is great. It separates my lashes beautifully, coats them mega back and makes them look long and voluminous. This mascara also does a weird thing but if you want to know what exactly, you'll have to read my review (ow I'm so mean, haha), click here to read it.
This is the golden oldie favourite I was talking about, MAC Mulch eye shadow. I bought this last year and I've recently rediscovered it. I apply this all over my lid (with one of my last favourites) and blend it with a fluffy blending brush. This is really easy, simple and gives me that end of summer look. You can read the review I wrote by clicking here.
These three brushes are also very big favourites of mine. The two black brushes are new ones from HEMA. This Dutch stores has probably everything you can think of at the moment and I don't know when these came out but I love them. The old brushes from HEMA were great but the assortment was not that great. Now they've added new ones and this time the brushes also say for what you can use them. They've also added numbers which is great for recognition. The two I bought are the '203 Shading Eyeshadow brush' and the '107 Concealer brush'. I've been using the eye shadow brush to apply the MAC eyeshadow all over my lid and it gives a beautifully opaque result, the concealer is great for, you would not have guessed, applying concealer. The last brush in this picture isn't from HEMA but from Real Techniques. This is the 'Expert Face Brush' and I love this for applying my foundation. The results beautiful and streakless and you can read my review by clicking here.
My last favourite is this eyeliner pen, I'm really sad that this eyeliner is not available here in the Netherlands because it will just be a matter of time until this runs out. This is a great eyeliner and I really hope this will live a long and happy life. You can read my review here.
I hope you've enjoyed reading all about my favourites of August and of course there will be a new favourites post next month.

Love,
E.

No comments