NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil: 604 Milk

Hello my lovely readers,

This is one of the products that I have been wanting for a very very long time but I just never bought it. Well now I did (otherwise there wouldn't be a review right now). This giant white pencil has been all over the internet for the past couple of years and one of my favourite bloggers (NikkieTutorials) uses this a lot in her tutorials. Therefore I finally decided that it was time, I had to have this.
These Jumbo Eye Pencils are, just like I wrote, giant pencils. There are a lot of shades available but they all look the same, white with black letters. Like I said, I went for the infamous white shade called '604 Milk' or better known as just milk.
At first I thought this was a twist-up-pencil but when I tried to twist the bottom, nothing happened and I wasn't able to twist it at all. Turns out it's not a twist-up-pencil but one that you have to sharpen, luckily I have a big sharpener that has the perfect size for this one.
I knew this was a very pigmented white pencil but I still squeaked a little when I swatched it. The texture is really amazing, it's very creamy at first but once it dries, it sets and won't go anywhere. In Holland we have the expression; 'Dat staat als een huis' which literally means; 'That's stands like a house'. Well I think that describes this pencil exactly, it doesn't crease and doesn't move.
The products I used:
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil: 604 Milk
Catrice Liquid Metal Eyeshadow: 060 Petrol Pan (review)
MUA Eyeshadow Palette: Undressed (review)
Sleek i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette: Storm 578 (review)
MAC Velvet Eyeshadow: Mulch (review)
Catrice Glamour Doll Curl & Volume Mascara (review)
This is the look I made with this pencil, it's quite dark and autumny and I know, I know it's not autumn yet but I wore this look on a very rainy day so I thought I could get away with it. I started this look by making my eyelids completely white using the NYX pencil and then I put metallic petrol shade on top. After that I applied the highlighter shade from the MUA palette in my innercorner and on my browbone. In my crease, I mixed two shades together, The burgundy one from my Sleek palette and a brown MAC eyeshadow. I also put that burgundy shade along my lower lashline, blended everything together, added some mascara and that was it.

Well I guess it's kind of obvious that I'm very happy with the newest addition to  my makeup-collection,I finally understand the ravers and I hope this review made you understand them too. Another big plus-point is the price, it only costs €5,49. Here in the Netherlands NYX is only available at Douglas but in for example America it's a lot easier to get.

Have a lovely day,
E

No comments