Catrice Metallure: Luminizing Bronzer + Lipsticks

Hello my lovely readers,

For the last couple of weeks, I have mostly been outside the country and therefore I did not really keep up with the new launches and limited editions. A few days ago I saw a review of Catrice' new limited edition, Metallure and I fell in love with it. This is what Catrice has to say about the products:
"Fashion and accessories appear to be covered in a high shine and are being established as glamorous must-haves with a fashionable liquid look. Not futuristic, but fresh, natural and flowing. Inspired by renowned designers, the limited edition "Metallure" by Catrice is offering the matching beauty products to go with the metallic trend in August and September 2014. In addition to the classic colours of precious metals like gold, silver and copper, this collection also includes fresh pink, classical red and soft white. An extra portion of glamour."
Personally I do not really like the metallic trend (only on my nails) but this collection blew my mind, the packaging is just stunning and the actual products are really nice as well. Today I'm reviewing the products I bought, two lipsticks and the lumizing bronzer. 
The complete collections consists out of three marble eye shadows, a mascara topper & liner, five nail polishes, the bronzer that I got and three lipsticks of which I got two. I think I got the best products of this line but I also really wanted the 'Alluring Red' and 'Metalight' nail polishes, I did not allow myself however since  I bought way too many nail polishes in London (reviews and NOTD's are coming). They do look gorgeous though. 
I'm starting this review with the luminizing bronzer.
Lumizing Bronzer in 'C01 Shimmer Shade'
At first I was not sure if I was going to buy this bronzer but when I swatched it, my heart was won. This baked bronzing powder reminds me a lot of the infamous MAC msf's (that I do not own) and I think it looks absolutely gorgeous. The coppery rosé golden shade gives your face a beautiful glow and makes you look like you have just walked out of the sun. I just have one tip for you, do not use this all over because that will look too shimmery, just a subtle accent on your cheekbones and your ready to shine like a golden globe. 
Moving on to the lipsticks I got. There are three shades in total and they all come in a beautiful rosé gold bullet with a marbled lid. The two shades I got are 'Alluring Pink' and 'Alluring Red' and the other shade is called 'Metalight', that one was not really my taste since it was a very pale shimmer bomb. The ones I did got however are very, very pretty.
These gorgeous lipsticks are a little bit sheer at first but when you wear them on your lips, you are left with a gorgeous, rich, soft feeling lip colour. 'Alluring Pink' is a very pretty pink with a slightly blue undertone and 'Alluring Red' is a classic red with a twist, in some light it has an orange undertone and in other light a blue one. They both last approximately 2/3 hours but the red one staines your lips a little bit and is therefore a little bit longer lasting than the pink one. 
Before I'm going to show you the look I made with the products, I'm showing you how I look without any makeup. This photo was taken just after I rolled out of my bed and I only brushed my hair and teeth. I'm currently struggling with a mosquito and the red dots you see on my forehead and above my brow are the result of that bastard. Moving on to the actual look!

The products I used:
Rimmel Match Perfection Light Perfection Radiance Foundation: 100 Ivory (review)
Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer: Fair (review)
Catrice All Matt Plus Shine Control Powder: 010 Transparent (review)
Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set
Essence 3D Eyeshadow: 09 Irresistible Chocolates: lightest shade (review)
Rimmel Scandaleyes Precision Micro Eyeliner (review)
Maybelline One By One Volum' Express Mascara: Satin Black (review)
Catrice Kohl Kajal: 010 Ultra Black 
Kruidvat Natural Volume lashes (cut in half)

Wow, this is still a little bit awkward for me, placing photos of my head and very serious faces (haha), well this is the look I made with the products. It's very simple due to the easy eye look, just a nice winged eyeliner, basic eyeshadow and false lashes. On my cheeks I'm wearing the gorgeous bronzer as a blush and I chose to wear the red lipstick because I hardly ever wear reds on my lips, this is something very different for me, hope you like it. 
I'm really happy with my new lipsticks and luminizing bronzer and I think I will get a ton of use out of them. They look very luxurious and way more expensive then the actually were, the lipsticks were €3,99 and the bronzer was only €4,99. Beautiful prices for beautiful products.

Love,
E

2 comments

  1. Hi I just stumbled upon your blog! Great post...Do you have any tutorials or pictorials? I love the make up look x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I've tried to make a pictorial a few times but I did not like them enough to put online, I'll keep trying so maybe in the future!

      Delete