Review M.A.C. Relentlessly Red

Hello lovelies,

Today I will talk about my new favourite lipstick. It is the lipstick I wore to my prom. As E told you before, Dutch proms are not as fancy as American or British proms, but it is still a special occasion and therefore I wanted to look extra beautiful and that’s why I bought my first M.A.C. lipstick. I knew this would stay on all night and I knew I would be able to find a nice bright colour at M.A.C.


The colour is more pink in real life, it looks quite orange in pictures.
Relentlessly Red is a is a super bright pink with a cool undertone, even though the name suggests it’s red. The colour looks different in different lighting. That’s one of the things a find great about this lipstick. Sometimes it looks super pink, than it looks quite coral and sometimes it looks red. But it's always super bright, almost neon.

I've worn this lipstick a few times now, and I can tell you, it has great lasting powers! It stays on all day, it fades a bit after a big meal like lunch or dinner, but you would not have to re-apply. It fades beautifully. The brightness fades but the colour stays. Once you re-apply, it looks perfect again.
The only negative thing I could say about relentlessly red is that it is quite difficult to apply, because of its retro matte texture. You would have to use a lip-brush and be super patient and precise. Because the colour is so bright, mistakes are easily noticed. While this is a bit annoying, you get used to it and it means the colour stays on longer.

How I looked like on my prom
I would rate this lipstick a 9 out of 10. The colour is super nice, bright and interesting, it changes in different lighting situations, the lasting power is great, it fades beautifully, but it is quite difficult to apply which means you have to practice applying this colour. 

No comments