Holiday Beauty: While Traveling

Hello my lovely readers,

Today is the first installment of my little mini series: 'Holiday Beauty' and I'm kicking if off with the beauty-products I'm taking with me in the car. Last week I did a similar post to this, only then I showed you the non-beautyproducts I need during the journey (read it here) and today it's all about, like I said, the beauty stuff.
I don't have a lot of space to put stuff since I'm stuffed with five other people in one car, I always try to take as less as possible. I only take the essentials and because my parents always laugh when I apply some makeup to refresh myself, I'm not doing that this year. No makeup in my bag this year (only in my suitcase) just some thing to make me smell like I just took a shower.
Batiste Dry Shampoo Medium & Brunette
The first thing I definately need is dry shampoo, this is a very big bottle because I hadn't bought a small one yet when I took these photos. When we stop one last time before we arrive at our destination, I take my bag into the tankstation toilet and spray some of this stuff in my hair. Just to make it smell nice and look good again.
Garnier Ambre Solaire Light & Silky SPF 30 Sunscreen
Maybe you think it's weird to take sunscreen with you if you're sitting in a car all day but sometimes you have to stop. I don't know about you but if I've been sitting for a few hours I want to run and jump around, usually we have a ball with us that we take out and just play a bit of soccer before we hit the road again. I burn really quick and before I can join my little brothers, I apply some sunscreen on my neck and arms to prevent a bad sunburn.
Vichy Mattifying Face Fluid Dry Touch SPF 50
For my face I use a different sunscreen because I would otherwise get some serious skin problems. I absolutely love this one, it works great, feels nice and makes my skin look better. For some reason this evens out my skin and keeps it from getting shiny at the same time.
Fa Floral Protect Poppy & Bluebell (review)
I think ít's kind of obvious why I need a deodorant but let me explain it quickly for you. When you're stuffed in a car with four other people there is a very good possibility that it will get hot and then there is a chance that you'll get a little bit sweaty. That when this baby jumps in, this is from fa and I'm still in love with this scent. Another thing that I should mention is that this deodorant works quite good, it won't protect you from working-out-sweat but it will certainly withhold through-the-day-sweat.

The Master Perfumer N°15 Orange Blossom (review)
Another thing I always take with me to keep me smelling nice is a travel size perfume. I've had this one for a while now but it's there's still more then half of it left. The scent of this is really nice and it's also the perfect size. I cannot recommend taking a full size perfume bottle with you, you'll be worried all the time that it will crush and if you just take a small one like this, the risk is lower and if it breaks the worries are a lot smaller :).
Vichy Aqualia Thermal Lipbalm
Another thing I'll definitely need is a lipbalm. Personally I've never been on a plane but I know that people always moan about the air conditioning and dehydration, well in a car you have the same problem. My lips always get super dry and this lipbalm has been a superhero for my lips and I can highly recommend it.
Herôme S.O.S. Handgel
Some places in France are a little behind and therefore not very hygenic. I once made the mistake to stop on a parking lot to go to the toilet and there it was, the infamous hole in the ground. Well I'm never making that mistake again but the regular toilets at tankstations aren't always the cleanest either. When I'm not able to wash my hands before I eat something during the trip I'll make sure that I use a disinfecting hand gel first.
The last thing I'm taking with me is the pill (do you say it that way in English too?), I don't take these to prevent a pregnancy since I don't have boyfriend or anything, but to be able to control my periods. Before I took this they were very irregular and it was just a pain in the ass. This helped me a lot and now I can keep taking them so that I at least don't have to deal with tampons and a swimming pool. I keep this with me in the car so that I'll be able to take them when I need.

Well that was it, these eight things are all the beautyproducts I'll need while I'm in the car. Just some things things to refresh, sunscreen and other pretty basic stuff.

Love,
E.

No comments