The Big Surprise

Hello my lovely readers,

In the first blogpost of this month I told you that there was going to be a huge surprise on my blog and today I'm telling you what that surprise is. As you know, I've been blogging regularly now for a little over a year and I've never told anybody about it. I was scared, I was afraid that my friends didn't like my blog, didn't like the way I wrote or thought that my photos were shitty. Last week however I finally told my best friend my secret and she was very enthusiastic. I asked her if she wanted to join me and she said YES!
We've decided that she's going to write for 'Flowers Instead Of Lemons' as well and I couldn't be happier to finally have somebody to share it with. I'm still going to post three times a week and she'll write blogposts in between my regular monday-wednesday-saturday-schedule, this will provide you with more content for you to read and it will also update the quality of my blog (hopefully).
Just like me, she wants to stay anonymous and we still have to figure out how we're going to do it with our names but it wouldn't hurt if you all get to know her better.

Hello everyone,
So I'm the big surprise E told you about earlier this month. You might be thinking, who is E? Well, because we both like to be anonymous, we need something to make things clear about who is writing the blogpost and what not. That's why we'll end our posts with the first letter of our names. I'll be known for as G but this might changes in the future, we’re not sure yet, but at least it is a start.
Now, you’re probably wondering who is this new addition to 'Flowers Instead of Lemons'? Well, I'm a 17 year old Dutch girl, just as E, and I like beauty just as much as she does.
I know E for about six years now, we met the first day of high school. We were always friends, but over a year ago we started to get closer and now I would call her my best friend. We bonded over beauty, fashion, blogs and YouTube. We share the same interest and most of the time, we share the same opinions about blogs.
Somewhere last month E and I were talking about blogs, and I said, ‘Maybe we should start a blog?'. E told me, in a very small voice, being quite shy about it, that she already had a blog. I was super excited, my best friend having her own blog? How cool! When she asked me to be a part of it, I immediately said yes. I was thinking of starting my own blog for a while now, and this was the perfect opportunity to start writing blogposts.
New Year's Eve 2013
I'll be posting beauty, fashion, food and a bit of lifestyle and some DIY's. I’m not sure yet how much content will go up under my name, as I'm totally inexperienced, but I want to do this right. Maybe I’ll be posting on a schedule in the future, we’ll keep you posted about that.  For now, we'll just see what happens.
My first real post will be tomorrows review of the MUA Undressed palette. 

We hope you'll like this change on FIOL and we hope to entertain and educate you. 

Love,
G & E

1 comment

  1. I think you and your best friend will write great posts and i'm looking forward to tomorrow's post. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete