FOTD: MAC Pink Plaid

Hello my lovely readers,

As promised in my review of the MAC Pink Plaid lipstick (read it here), here is my 'Face Of The Day' in which I'm actually showing you how it looks on. This lipstick is a perfect mix between pink and nude and for me this has been the perfect nude lipstick during the past couple of days.
I thought I would give this post a special twist, last week my cousin asked if she could try some hairstyles out on me for her bridesmaids. I wanted to show you the look but when I got home I was soaked by the rain and the hair was ruined by the Dutch wind. When I was preparing myself for this post I, I decided to put my hair up in and updo and make this look in some sort of a wedding look. A really simple makeup look with a nice dress. I'm starting this post with the eyelook and than I'll show you my full face.
This is the simple and sweet eyelook I made to combine for this post. To make it, I used a palette that I had forgotten a little bit. The palette I'm talking about is the 'All About Nude' palette from Essence (review). I cannot exactly remember what exact combination I used but it's pretty simple, just a light shimmery pink on the lid and a taupe-shade in the crease. I also drew a simple sleek cat-eyeliner with my Maybelline eyeliner-pen (review) and applied a few coats of mascara. Can you guess which one? Of course the Catrice Glamour Doll Mascara (review).
And my whole face, as you can see I put my hair in an updo that's quite tight. I personally like messier updos better but for once it was fun to wear my hair like this. Let's talk you through the makeup that's on my face. I started off my base with a bb-cream 6-in-1 from Yves Rocher and my All Matt Plus Shine Control Powder (review). Than I contoured my face with my Sleek Face Form Contour and Blush Palette in 372 Fair (review), I just used the bronzer in the hollow of my cheeks and kept it very minimal. The blush I'm wearing is my favourite one at the moment and it's the Gradiation Blush in Waterloo Sunrise that unfortunately was limited edition (review).  The lipstick I'm wearing is of course MAC Pink Plaid.
I hope you liked the look I created, I think this look would be incredibly pretty to wear to a spring/summer wedding but also just for everyday. Super versatile and simple. Have a lovely day!

Love,
E

2 comments