Maybelline Color Tatoo in 87 Mauve Crush

Hello  my lovely readers,

First of all my apologies for Saturday's post. I usually post on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday but because of Kings Day I didn't have the energy or time to write a review for you. You'll have to forgive me for the coming month as well because I'll probably don't have time to write at all. In two weeks time I have my finals (which are also taking two weeks) and I'm currently very busy with learning for them. I'll do my best to blog but I just don't know if I'll have enough time.
Today I did find some time to write a review and it's a very positive one according to me, today I'm reviewing another Color Tattoo by Maybelline.
This is my third Color Tattoo and that says a lot about how much I love them. Here in the Netherlands, Maybelline is quite expensive compared to the USA, here they cost €10,49 and with the current rates that's $14,51. This is a lot of you look at the price in America, they cost there only $6, that's more than twice the price! In perspective, Mac is only $1.50 more expensive in America than the Color Tattoos are here in the Netherlands. It's just not fair!
But the price doesn't withdraw me from buying these amazing eyeshadows. I already own three (like I said); On and on bronze, Permanent Taupe and Pink Gold and they are all gorgeous. I love using them underneath another eyeshadow as a base and they truly last all day. The new one I bought is called Mauve Crush. Mauve is a very interesting color in my opinion, it's not purple is not grey it's somewhere in between combined with some blue. I personally really like this color.
The Color Tattoo's have a creamy formula and are usually packed with glitter or have a metallic sheen (there is only one matte version).  A thing all of them have in common is the pigmentation, they're all very pigmented and gorgeous.
This is the look I made with Mauve Crush, I like to call it my purple-grey-smokey-eye. It's really easy to do:

  1. Apply the Color Tattoo all over your lid as an eyeshadow base. 
  2. Use a pinkish brown (I used the second color of this palette) in your crease and make sure everything is blended together.
  3. Add a dark matte brown in the outer-v of your eyes (I used the one from this palette) and again, blend everything nicely.You can use this along your lower lashline as well. 
  4. With a fluffy brush, add a shimmery grey very lightly through your crease (I used the lightest grey from this palette).
  5. Add a highlighter in your tear duct area and on your brow bone (I used the one from this palette).  
  6. Finish off your look with some mascara (I used the Glamour Doll Curl& Volume Mascara by Catrice) and a nice winged eyeliner (I used the Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner).
And that was the look.It's soo easy and simple and you can do it even if you have little makeup skills. This looks is great for a night out I think (especially if you add some false lashes).
I'm very happy with my new addition to my Color Tattoo collection and I really want to buy some more to add to it. Maybe somewhere next month and you'll definitely read a new review if I decide to buy a new one. 
You can purchase the Maybelline Color Tattoos for €10,49.

Love,

Me.

4 comments

  1. Simpel maar echt práchtig!! jammer dat de colour tattoos zo duur zijn hier idd, ik vind creme oogschaduws wel wat bijzonders hebben, en het ziet eruit alsof je ze ook leuk als eyeliner kan aanbrengen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get yours? Cause I'm searching online (most of the time, it's cheaper), but I can't find this specific colour anywhere :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heey, I got mine at the Dutch drugstore (kruidvat) but I don't know where you can get it online. I don't know where you live but some of the colour tattoos have different names in different countries so maybe it's called different?

      Delete
    2. I got mine today, I bought it at Etos (a shop specific here in the Netherlands). I did some research, and I saw on the internet that in other countries it could also be called Blue Paradise! But they also say that it was limited edition.

      Delete