Bourjois Effet 3D Volume & Shine Elixir: 48 Rose Romantic

Hello my loves,

Today I have a lipgloss review for you. I have never been a fan of lipglosses but lately they have grown on me. Lately I have been wearing them more often and today I thought it was time for a new one. The one I went for is the Bourjois 3D Effect Volume & Shine Elixir.
This is what the product looks like, I do not know why but it reminds me of a princess. The silver with the pink, it just looks so princessy! It is supposed to hydrate your lips for 8 hours. 8 hours, that is insane and I cannot really believe that.
The shade I went for is number 48; Rose Romantic. This is a light pink colour with a lot of gold shimmers, very pretty but I am not sure how this will look on me. I usually do not go for the shimmery lipglosses but I forced myself to step out of my comfort zone.
This is what the applicator looks like. It is a real brush with hairs and not a sponge like a lot of lipglosses I have. I did not think I would like this kind of applicator but I actually like the way it applied. It is not very precise but that is not a disaster with this one because it is quite sheer. You cannot really see it if you color a little bit out of the lines.
This is what it looks like on my lips. I have very pale skin and it looks like a pretty nude with some pink on me. Glitter on my lips is still not really my thing but I kind of like it, it looks kind of cute.
This lipgloss however, does not last long. The colour does not last on my lips at all, only the glitters do. After a hour the pink pigment is gone and I am left with bare lips and a lot of glitters.

I did not keep the receipt and I cannot remember the price so I cannot tell you that. Bourjois is usually between 10 and 15 euros and I think this one was as well. This is not the best lipgloss I have ever tried and I do not think this will become a favourite but it still a nice lipglos (if you have the time to touch it up all the time).

Love,
Ordinary Dutch Girl

3 comments

  1. I'm not keen on their lipglosses either, i'd suggest to try Manhattan ones for extra long wear, although they usually are very pigmented, almost like liquid lipstick..Yep,search for the perfect gloss goes on:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know which stores sell Manhattan makeup? I would love to try their products but I have never heard of the brand and I have never seen it in the Dutch stores as well.

      Delete
    2. It's a German brand and I therefore assumed that it must be available in Holland too, but obviously not..That's odd. If you ever visit Germany they are literally everywhere - Karstadt, Rossmann, DM (It's not high end make up, more like Essence).

      Delete