Books I Recently Got

Hello my loves,

During the winter time I alway tend to read a lot more than I usually do. When I was cleaning out my bookcase, I saw that I have bought quite a lot of books in the past two months. This gave me an idea for a blogpost, maybe you would like to read about the books I read. I have bought six books during the past two months, one of them is english but the other ones are Dutch. The english book is for school but the other books are just for my own enjoyment.
This is my most recent purchase and it is the only English book I bought. Since I saw the movie with Leonardo DiCaprio, I have been wanting to read this book. I discovered that I still had to read a book for English and that was my opportunity, I bought 'The Great Gatsby' by F. Scott Fitzgerald and I am really exited to start reading this.
A friend of me read this book for school (we have to read Dutch books for our Dutch lessons) and she totally loved it. I saw it on sale and I picked it up. The title in English is 'I embrace you with a thousand arms' but I do not know if this is the official title, I do not even know if it is translated into English. This book is Dutch literature and therefore not the easiest book to read for me but since my friend loved so much, I want to give it a try.
This book is amazing! I read this for my Dutch class and it is one of the best books I have ever read. In English this book is called 'In Lucia's Eyes' and I know for sure that this is translated in English as well. Arthur Japin is one of my favourite Dutch writers and this book was no exception. I finished this within a week and that while it is quite heavy literature.
This is a book I have been wanting to read for a while now and that urge grew when I saw the movie. Julia Roberts is such a good actress and I hope this book will not disappoint me. This is the movie edition and in English this book is called; 'Eat, Pray, Love'.
I am currently reading this book and I have been wanting to read it for a long time now. My friend read it in English and than I could not wait anymore, I ordered it and started reading. After one night I am on page 128 which is halfway through and I have already cried. I will let you know when I finish it and what my final thoughts on it are. Ow, this is 'The Fault In Our Stars' by the way.
I bought this in the beginning of January because the story really appealed to me but I have not read it yet.There were other books that drew my attention to read first. I have a few books left from the library that I am going to read first but than this one will be finally in my hands to read.
I hope you enjoyed reading about the books I have been reading and have been buying lately. Maybe I will do some more updated on my reading if you would like that. As I wrote, I am currently reading 'The Fault in Our Stars' and after that I will be reading 'Scarlet' by Marissa Meyer, this book I got from the library. Before these I read Blue Moon by Allyson Noël, part two of 'The Immortals' serie. I have been liking this serie a lot.

Love,
Ordinary Dutch Girl

No comments