Bourjois Color Edition 24H - 03 Pétale de Glace

Hello my loves,

When I saw these new eyeshadows in the drugstore I was not really enthusiastic. The colour selection was gorgeous but the swatches I made just did not do it for me. My friend however did buy two of them and when I saw them on her eyes, I was sold. They might not looks that pigmented but they are very easy to build. I wanted to try this for my self and when there was a 50% sale going on on all Bourjois products, IO took the chance and bought '03 Pétale de Glace'.
I am not saying my french is very good but I do speak and understand it a little bit, un petit peu. This eyeshadow is called 'Pétale de Glace'. I believe a pétale is a flower petal in english and I know that glace means ice. Therefore this eyeshadow would be Ice Petal in english (in Dutch: bloemblaadje van ijs).

These Color Edition eyeshadows are cream products but they turn to powder when you apply them to your eyes, a very special and unique product. Here are the names of the other colours in this range and I thought it would be fun to translate them for you (I hope I did it right).

  • 01 Merveille d'argent (wonder money)
  • 02 Or Désir (gold desire)
  • 03 Pétale de Glace (ice petal)
  •  04 Kaki Chéri (dear khaki)
  • 05 Prune Nocturne (plum night)
  • 06 Blue Ténébreux (blue shadows)
An amazing colourselection if you ask me.
The eyeshadow comes in a round plastic jar that reminds me lot of the Maybelline Color Tattoos. Only those are made from glass instead of plastic. The name of the shade is not mentioned on the packaging, only on the sticker that you have to rip off to open the product. After I opened it, I stuck the sticker with  the name on the side.

When you open the little jar, a shimmery heaven traps you in its beauty. Just joking but it is very pretty to look at. It is really hard to photograph but I think I can describe the colour best as a shimmery silvery pink or something in that range. The shade is really unique.

This is the look I made with the eyeshadow. It is a really simple, fresh and natural look that is perfect for everyday and for school because it stays on your lids and does not move. Here is a list of the products I used.

  • Catrice Absolute Nude Eyeshadow Palette: 010 All Nude (review)
    I used the second shade in my crease and along the lower lashline. The third shade is the one I used in my outer-V.
  • Catrice Made To Stay Inside Eye Highlighter Pen: 010 In The Mood For Nude
    I lined my waterline with this, a review is coming later this month. 
  • NYC Big Bold Curl Mascara
    Top lashes, review is coming later this month.
  • NYC High Definition Volume Mascara
    Lower lashes, review is coming later this month.
  • L'Oréal Nude Magique Eau De Teint Fresh Feel Foundation: 100 Porcelaine (review)
  • Maybelline Instant Anti-Age The Eraser Eye Perfect & Cover Concealer.
I wore the Catrice 'Lip Colour Pen' in 'I Got The Flower!' from the limited Glamazona collection (review) with this but you cannot see it on the photos. I think a blue-toned pink lipstick looks great with this look.
This eyeshadow is a very good new product in the drugstores. I think the quality is amazing and there is a colour for every personality. This particular one i great for everyday and gives you a very sweet look. There is only one thing I would chance and that is sticker with the name, now you cannot see the name anymore when you open it which I found very annoying. 
You can buy the Color Edition 24H Eyeshadows at several drugstores (in holland at Etos, Ici Paris etc.) for €11,99. 

Love Ordinary Dutch Girl

No comments