The Body Shop Festive Body Butter Trio

Hello my loves,

I hope you all had a lovely christmas, I certainly did. To stay in the christmas spirit, I have a festive review for you. Today I am reviewing the Festive Body Butter Trio by The Body Shop.
I went shopping right before Christmas because that is the time for the best deals. The Body Shop had a sale going on and it was 50% off, on your second product. You can understand this deal was too good to let go.I picked up two things, these three body butter and a  little gift set for my mother.
In this set you will find three mini body butters that all hold 50ml/48g.

  • Cranberry Joy
  • Vanilla Bliss
  • Ginger Sparkle
The come all snuggling together in a festive gold box and all three of them are limited edition. 
I know that The Body Shop does more mini body butters and I think they are a great way to try scents out. Personally it takes me quite some time to finish a body butter and I think these minis will not run out that quickly. 
Cranberry Joy
The first one is called  'Cranberry Joy' and it smells (how can it be) like cranberries. This is a really fruity body butter and it is lotiony (some butter are hard and others are more like lotion). 
List of the ingredients:
Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Butyrospermum Parkii/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Glycerin (Humectant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emollient), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Cera Alba/Beeswax (Emulsifier/Emollient), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter/Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (Emollient), Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil (Emollient), Phenethyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Vaccinium Macrocarpon Seed Oil/Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), CI 14700/Red 4 (Colour), CI 17200/Red 33 (Colour). 
I think this scent is quite universal and therefore a good gift because a lot of people will like this. 
Vanilla Bliss
The middle body butter is called 'Vanilla Bliss'. This one made me a little bit hesitant to buy the trio since I am NOT a lover of vanilla. Some people love it but I cannot stand the scent of it. This one is definitely a true butter, it is quite hard. 
List of the ingredients:
Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter/Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Gl
This one is my least favourite one out of the three but that is just because I do not like vanilla. Check before you buy this is the person you are buying it for like vanilla things but I will give this one away to one of my friends.
Ginger Sparkle
Than we have 'Ginger Sparkle', my favourite one. I have never eaten gingerbread or anything (maybe because I am Dutch and we do not really eat that) but I am digging the scent of this butter. This one is lotiony , just like the cranberry one, I think this is my favourite kind of body butter.
List of the ingredients:
Aqua/Water (Solvent/Diluent), Butyrospermum Parkii/Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Glycine Soja Oil/Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate (Emulsifier), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter/Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (Emollient), Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil (Emollient), Cera Alba/Beeswax (Emulsifier/Emollient), Parfum/Fragrance (Fragrance), Phenethyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Emollient), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Zingiber Officinale Root Extract/Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract (Natural Additive), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Zingiber Officinale Root Oil/Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil (Natural Additive), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), CI 15985/Yellow 6 (Colour), CI 14700/Red 4 (Colour).
I do not know if this is a universal body butter but I do know that I like it a lot and you would make me very happy with this gift.
Like I said before, I like the ginger one the best and the vanilla one the least but I still think this makes a great gift. I cannot find this particular set on the website anywhere but they still sell these body butters individually. Be quick if you want these because they are limited editions and I do not know how long these will stay in stores since they are on sale right know.

Love, Ordinary Dutch Girl.

No comments