L'Oréal Nude Magique Eau De Teint Foundation

Hello my loves,

I am a huge BB-cream user in the summer but now with autumn and winter peeking around the corner I tend to use more foundation. The one I usually used was the Catrice Photo Finish 18h Liquid Foundation but that one was getting a little bit too dark for my pale skin, now that my tan has worn off I could not get away with wearing this shade anymore. So I needed a lighter foundation and I also wanted to try a new one.
This is the foundation I went for, the L'Oréal Nude Magique Eau De Teint foundation. L'Oréal was on sale and I have been wanting to try this for a while now, that is why I got it. It is supposed to be a featherlight foundation that feels as light and fresh as water. L'Oréal says that this foundation instantly fuses with the skin and blends seamlessly to leave a silky, second skin effect.
The foundation comes in a matte glass bottle with shiny purple accents. I do like the look of this packaging, it looks very chic and sophisticated but it is not very convenient. Drop it once and it breaks immediately, especially on the stone tiles of the bathroom floor. The shade I went for is 100 Porcelain, the lightest shade out of the eight but this is still a tiny bit too dark for me, you can see the line with my neck but this is easily solves but some blending.
The worst thing about this foundation is the way you have to apply it. There is no pump of squeezy part, according to the directions on the back of the flask, you will have to put your finger on top of the bottle and hold it upside down (shake it first). Than you can apply that with your finger on your face. L'Oréal says that one drop is enough for your whole face but not for mine, I need one for each cheek and one for my forhead.
The way I like to apply this is a little bit different. I put the top of the bottle on the back of my hand and turn it upside down, this way I can get a little bit more product out of there. The product that is on the back of my hand I apply to my face with a foundation brush (I still want to buy that one from Real Techniques but I am currently using a flat brush by HEMA.
When I first applied this I did not like it at all. It made the dry patches on my face, extremely visible. I have some in between my brows, on my nose and on top of my cheeks and when I tried this foundation it started flaking a lot and it did not look nice let me tell you that. That made me think, what if I put a moisturizer underneath it. Well it worked, I love this foundation with when I put a moisturizer on first.  The formula is really light and you can not see it when you wear it, my face does not look cakey at all. Another good thing is the SPF18 that it has in it, just perfect for the harsh autumn sun.
This is the eyelook I am wearing a lot lately. A soft burgundy combined with some copper tones and a gel liner. I thought you might be interested to see this. On both the pictures above you can see what a gorgeous glow this foundation gives you, yet still mattifies your face. I really like the look this foundation gives me.
I am impressed by this foundation and I think I like it better than my Catrice one. The colour is a little bit too dark but with some blending you can not see that. The packaging is cute and the coverage is just enough, medium, I would say. There is however one thing I would change, I would add and pump or something like that because this way of applying it is just a little bit devious.
You can buy the L'Oréal Nude Magique Eau De Teint Foundation for €13,99 at the drugstore.

No comments