Essence Stays No Matter What Eyepencil & Shadow: 05 Cute Copper

Hello my loves,

Today I am reviewing the second Essence eyepencil this month. At the beginning of October I reviewed the Long Lasting Eyepencil in '12 I Have a Green' for you and today I writing about the stays no matter what eyepencils. I have been searching for these pencils for a few weeks now and I finally found them. I first spotted them on a Dutch beauty blog called, beautylab, and after that review I could not wait.
I only picked up one shade because I did not know if I would like them. I bought the shade '05 Cute Copper' because I thought this colour was the most wearable yet still fun to wear and a little bit different than the usual black. There is a total of eight shades.

  • 01 Blazing Black
  • 02 Powerful Purple
  • 03 Twinkling Turquoise
  • 04 Gorgeous Grey
  • 05 Cute Copper
  • 06 Green Garden
  • 07 Whipped White Frosting
  • 08 Chocolate Brownie
I really like the fact that there are so many colours to choose from. Neutrals and brights, something for every taste. 
The pencils come in a very decent size, not to long and not to tiny. They lay nicely in your hand which makes it easier to apply them. At first I thought it was a twist-up-pencil but it is not, you have to sharpen it. Sharpening these pencils is a bit difficult since they are so big so you will have to buy a big sharpener for them (I own one already). I do not like that you can not find the name of the shade at the pencil, only on the ugly white sticker (normally I rip these off but now I can not).
WAUW, I do not know what colour I was expecting but it was certainly not this one. This is a gorgeous copper with a golden sheen. It reminds me a lot of the Made to Stay Longlasting Eyeshadow in '080 Copper & Gabbana' by Catrice but this one is more gold were the pencil from Essence is more brown.
The look I made with the pencil is a combination of my favourite eyeshadow (MAC Mulch) with the pencil and I love how it turned out. I applied the pencil as an eyeshadow base and blended the MAC eyeshadow in my crease. I finished it off with some liquid liner, mascara and some kohl on my waterline and that is it. A simple yet gorgeous eyelook.
I am really content with this pencil, it glides on like oil, the pigmentation is amazing and they last forever. After trying out this gorgeous copper colour I am really looking forward tot trying some other shades as well and of course I will make reviews of those as well (when I buy then). Ow and before I forget to mention it, these pencils show some huge similarities with the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils, which is great because those are not available in the Netherlands anymore since Sephora left.
You can buy the Essence Stays No Matter What Eyepencil & Shadow for €2,59 at Kruidvat and 
Trekpleister.


1 comment

  1. Pretty colour! I got Whipped White Frosting which was probably not the best choice haha But I like them too.

    ReplyDelete