Maybelline Super Stay 14HR Lipstick

Hello my loves,

When you're reading this it's probably a while ago but I went to the cinemas yesterday and before the movie started me and my friends had an hour to shop. We went into a perfumery and we stopped at the Maybelline section. At the moment there was a three for one sale going on and convenient enough, we were with three.
Weirdly enough all three of our eyes fell on the same product, the Maybelline Super Stay 14 hr Lipsticks. I hope I remember this correctly but I believe one of my friends bought '160 Infinitely Fuschia (she bought a hot pink colour with fuschia in the name, I looked at the Maybelline website and I think it's that one). My other friend bought the same one as I did, we bought '430 Stay With Me Coral'.'
If I'm honest I think the packaging looks kind of cheap, it's white with silver and a clear section in which the colour shines through. I would've liked it better if the white had been black, that would've looked more sophisticated.
 Maybelline promises a lot of things about this lipstick including a super rich colour with super staying power. This without dragging, drying or any other letdowns at all. With this lipstick you don't have to choose between longwear and comfort anymore. Some lipsticks can be drying to your lips but the new lightweight formula of this lipstick without making your lips dry.
I found some kind of manual and it gives the following instructions.
Apply your lip colour by starting in the center of your upper lip and work from the center to the outer edges of your lips, following the contours of your mouth. Then glide across the entire bottom lip.
Let's do this and I need to be careful since the swatch I made on my wrist is extremely pigmented.
Vavavoom, that's a gorgeous pigmented coral lip, at least that is what it looks like on the picture. This lipstick is a true chameleon and I'll tell you why. When I wear this lipstick it looks coral but as soon as I step out into the sun it turns into a bright pink colour but when my friend wears it, it look more reddish instead.
The finish of this lipstick is just up my alley, semi-matte. I like matte lipsticks better because they usually stay on longer than lipsticks with a shiny finish.
I'm in love with this lipstick and so is my friend, the colour is amazing and it last literally forever. But there's one thing we both don't like about this and that's the formula, it really dries out your lips and if wear this a few days straight you lips are dry as hell. This doesn't mean that it's a bad lipstick, if you apply a lipbalm or something on a few minute before you apply the lipstick you'll prevent this.
Another thing I don't like it the colour range, in the Netherlands we can choose out seven shades but when I checked the American one, I found out that they've twenty shades, it's not fair.
You can buy the Maybelline Super Stay 14 hr Lipstick for €12,99.


No comments