Bioderma Solution Micellaire & Lingettes Dermatologiques

Hello my loves,

I finally own my very own bottle of the world famous micellar water by Bioderma. Some of you might now that I was on a holiday during the last weeks of July and at a France pharmacy I picked up a huge bottle of this product which is loved all over the world. I also bought a pair of face wipes and today I'm reviewing both of them for you.
Bioderma is a French brand and you can't buy it here in the Netherlands. Their lab is based in Lyon, France and works closely with dermatologists and rowed institutional research centers such as CNRS, INSERM, CHU and several universities. Products by Bioderma are mainly sold at pharmacies.
I bought three Bioderma products including a deodorant that I'm not going to review because I don't think it's that special. The two products I'm going to review are the Solution Micellaire and the Lingettes Dermatologiques, there both from the peaux sensibles range. This means they're meant for sensitive skin.
You can use the products for both your eyes and face.
This is the first products I've ever tried from Bioderma and I went for the biggest bottle right away. I'ts hard for me to get a hold of and I didn't want it to finish really quick if I happened to like it, that's why I bought the 500 ml version. 
Bioderma was a pioneer in terms of micellar solutions and it has become huge trend lately. This particular one is formulated for sensitive, normal to dry skin and has the special sensibio H2O micelle solution which gently cleanses your face and eyes and guarantees excellent skin and ocular tolerance. It's also perfect for waterproof makeup
The product is really easy to use, you just soak a cotton pad with the solution and wipe it over your face and eyes to remove your makeup. It's not necessary to rinse your face after you used it but it's recommended to pad your face dry afterwards.  You can use it twice a day, in the morning and in the evening.

This product is fragrance and alcohol-free and doesn't have phenoxyethanol in it, which has some side effects such as irritation and dehydration.
Here's a list of the ingredients:
Water (Aqua), PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber), Fruit Extract, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Disodium EDTA, Cetrimonium Bromide. 
I didn't look at the ingredients until now and I see that it has cucumber. This isn't something I like to eat but it is something I like to put onto my face, so refreshing! Well that's the feeling you get when you use this product.
I've been using this in the mornings for a few weeks (3-4) now and it really wakes me up. I sometimes use it in the evenings as well but I want to finish my Nivea Aqua Effect products up first (almost donee at the moment). I did noticed that it's great to remove waterproof mascara and I've noticed quite a difference in my skin. It's less red and more smooth than usually, I'm a fan.
 The other Bioderma product I bought are the dermatological wipes which gently removes makeup and it's made for sensitive skin. They're soaked into a micellar solution and are suitable for both your eyes and face. The wipes are enriched with soothing ingredients that prevent irritation. You get 25 in a pack.
The wipes are alcohol and soap free and here's a list of the ingredients.

Water (Aqua), Polysorbate 20, Allantoin, Mannitol, Xylitol, Rhamnose, Fructooligosaccharides, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Butylparaben, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Perfume)
These wipes do have some paraben in it but there at the end of the list, this means they're not the main ingredients. My skin doesn't really respond to paraben but some people get acne from it.
On the picture above you can see how easy it is to remove the swatches from my arm with the wipes and let me tell you, it works just as easy on my face. The wipes are really 'wet' and they remove all my makeup very gently. I don't have to rub or anything to remove my eye makeup, I just press it on my lid for a few second and swipe it off. These wipes don't leave my skin feeling dry, on the contrary, I feel like they work hydrating.
I adore my Bioderma products and I think I'll repurchase them both if I get the chance. The micellar solution is great but I want to try the L'Oréal one as well and the wipes are great for on the go (they're currently staying in my locker and they're a lifesaver for after a rainshower.  I don't remember the prices but I highly recommend them and you should definitely check them out if you see them.

No comments