Batiste Dry Shampoo

Hello my loves,

I'm not a fan of dry shampoo. There I said it, I know loads of people swear by it but I just don't think it works. At least that's what I used to think, I'd tried a lot of different variations and brands but nothing really worked. Of course I knew about an American brand called Batiste, which got a lot of good reviews but that wasn't really available here, in the Netherlands. Now you must be thinking, how can you review a product you can't buy? The answer is simple, Batiste has started selling their dry shampoos in the Dutch drugstores and I couldn't be happier with a 'new' brand.
Batiste has been in the Netherlands for a while but I never saw it until  now. I saw a few different versions and even a few mini's, but I bought only one. The one I checked out is the pink one with flowers all over it and is called, Blush (or séduction fleurie, as they say in France). It's a giant spray flask of 200 ml/6.73 fl.oz and I don't think I'll finish this in the near future.

Batiste describes this product as an instant hair refresher (if I translated that correctly). It's supposed to be the ideal solution for greasy hair roots. It also gives lifeless hair a boost and that all without using any water whatsoever. A short spray refreshes the hair, gives it volume and texture and makes it feeling clean and fresh When you're using this, you don't have to worry about not washing your hair because nobody will be able to tell.
There's even a step-by-step guide on the packaging which shows you how to use the dry shampoo.

  1. Shake well before use and keep the spout approximately 30 cm away from the hair while spraying the product onto the roots. 
  2. Massage the shampoo in the hair using the tips of your fingers.
  3. Brush the hair and bring it in the model you want.
I've to say, I'm not a fan of dry shampoos but this one works really well and might have changed my opinion about them. I used this when my hair was getting greasy (the third day after washing it) and it worked. Normally dry shampoos leave a white haze on my hair (I have brown hair) but this one didn't and it was really easy to brush the white powder out. The volume it gave me wasn't mind blowing but still, just that little oemf I need for my slightly wavy hair. 
I'm impressed, this dry shampoo works great and really gets the job done. The scent is the one downside on this one but I saw some different odors in the drugstore so next time I'll just pick another version. This however is really personal and you might love what I don't really like. You can buy the Batiste dry shampoo at Kruidvat for €4,49, which is a really good price in my opinion.
Give the Batiste dry shampoos a try and you might like them, even when you never really liked dry shampoos like I did.

No comments