Pre-holiday Routine

Hello my loves,

Today I want to share my pre-holiday routine with you. I'm going on a holiday and this is what I do one or two days before I leave.
Source
I start my day by taking a long shower. I wash my hair, apply a hair mask, shave my armpits and you know what, scrub my whole body and rinse a moisturizing body wash of my skin. Here's a list of the product I use for this.

  • Shampoo: Garnier Fructis, Grapefruit Tonic, Refreshing Pink Grapefruit Extract. (review is coming)
    This is the shampoo I'm currently using and I enjoy it very much. I leaves my hair shiny and just as voluminous as any other volume shampoo I tried and it smells nice.
  • Hair mask: John Frieda, Full Repair Deep Conditioner, Restores + Strengthens.
    This is my regular conditioner but this time I will leave it in for the full 5 minutes instead of two.
  • Raisor: Wilkinson, don't know which one but it's pink with silver
  • Shaving gel: Gillette Satin Care, Radiant Apricot.
    I don't have much to say about this. It's just a basic raisor and a basic shaving gel.
  • Scrub: Kruidvat, Natures Aroma Caring Salt Scrub, Hammam. (review is coming)
    I scrub my legs to prepare them for the waxing, I'm currently testing this one out so I can't tell you much about it. So far I like it. 
  • Shower gel: The Body Shop, Papaya Shower Gel, Soap-free Cleanser With Papaya Fruit Extract From Thailand. (review is coming)
    This is a new shower gel I picked up and I love the smell. I'm not fond on papaya as food but I adore the scent of it.
Source
When I come out of the shower I moisturize my body and I apply a mask. I also start doing my nails. I apply a cuticle remover and push them away. As nail polish I use an anti-split one. Here's a list of the products I use.
  • Moisturizer: Dove, Beauty Blossom Cream (review)
    I'm not very picky when it's about moisturizers, the one I'm currently using is the beauty blossom cream by dove. 
  • Cuticle remover: Essence, Studio Nails, Fast Cuticle Remover.
    I apply a thick layer of this on my cuticles and leave it for about 30 seconds. Then I push them back with a cuticle pusher. I repeat this on my other hand as well and leave the residue. 
  • To remove that  I put some olive oil and sugar on my hand and scrub my cuticles with that mixture. 
  • After scrubbing my cuticles I cut or file them. I also remove any dirt that's left under my nails.
  • Anti-Split Polish: Essence, Studio Nails, Anti Split Nail Sealer.
    Cuticle cream: Lemony  Flutter.
  • This is my go-to cream for my cuticles I repurchased this two times already and I love it. I also use this to keep the mosquitos away.
  • Hand cream: Eucerin, Repairing Hand Cream.
    The handcream for Herome are my favourite but I don't have one of those at the moment. Now I'm finishing my Eucerin hand cream which is great but leaves a residue on my hands. 
This is everything I do with my nails on the first day. The next day I do the following.
  • Remove the anti-split polish with a nail remover.
  • Apply a fun summer colour on my nails but don't forget to apply a base coat first and a topcoat over it.
  • Moisturize your cuticles again with you cuticle cream and hand cream.
Source
Then it's time to wax my legs. I prefer cold waxing with strips you warm between your hands but thats just what I like. I did this for the second time ever so I'm not a pro at all. I used the Veet Waxstrips for normal skin and it was not that bad. It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would and after three hours, the redness was gone. 
Source
The last step of my pre-holiday is doing my toe nails. I hate my toes just like a lot of other people on this planet but with a few simple steps, I make them less ugly and maybe even a little bit pretty.
  • Remove the old nail polish from your toes. 
  • Cut your toe nails short.
  • Foot Soak: The Body Shop, Reviving Foot Soak, Peppermint.
    I love to have my feet in some hot water and these little salt pieces from the body shop make them soft and perfect. I leave my feet in this bath for 15 minutes. 
  • Base Coat: Essence, Studio Nails, 24/7 Nail Base.
  • Apply your favourite nail polish, I'm a big fan of black on your toes so that's what I'll be wearing.
Source
Now I'm ready for my holiday. I'll be going to the south of france so you'll find me at the pool for two weeks straight. I hope you liked reading this post and check the rest of my blog out as well.
Have a great holiday.

No comments