Little Book Haul

Hello my loves,

I don't read a lot but when I'm on vacation I do. I lay down at the pool with a nice book and float away in the wonderful worlds they tell about. I picked up a few new book to take with me to that pool and I wanted to share them with you.
I picked up four books, not a lot because I already have a few books I want to take with me. I bought:

  • Jenny Downham: Before I Die
  • Ally Condie: Crossed
  • Ally Condie: Matched
  • George R.R. Martin: A Game Of Thrones: A Song Of Ice And Fire
Jenny Downham - Before I Die
This book is about a sixteen year old girl with leukemia, due to the cancer she has little time left to live. The time she has, she wants to spent well and therefore she makes a list of ten things she wants to do before she dies. Point one, sex. She wants to drive a car, she wants to be famous and she wants to fall in love. While Tessa is doing the things on her list, she gets more sick and her death comes closer.
From the back of the book
This will probably not the most appropriate book to read on your summer vacation but I've wanted to read it for a while now and can't wait any longer. I can't relate to the story but I hope it's a beautiful book about life and death.
Ally Condie - Matched
On her seventeenth birthday, Cassia meets her Match. Society dictates he is her perfect partner for life. Except he's not. In Cassia's society, Officials decide who people love. How many children they have. Where they work. When they die. But, as Cassia finds herself falling in love with another boy, she is determined to make some choices of her own. And that's when her whole world begins to unravel...
Ally Condie - Crossed
Rules are different outside the Society. Chasing down an uncertain future, Cassia makes her way to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped into the majestic, but treacherous, canyons. On this wild frontier are glimmers of a different life and the enthralling promise of rebellion. But even as Cassia sacrifices everything to reunite with Ky, ingenious surprises from Xander may change the game once again. Narrated from both Cassia's and Ky's points of view, this hotly anticipated sequel to Matched will take them both to the edge of Society, where nothing is as expected and crosses and double-crosses make their path more twisted than ever...This is the sensational second book in the series and follow-up to acclaimed international bestseller, Matched .
Ever since I heard a review of these books by Elle Fowler, I've wanting to read them. Therefore I couldn't leave them when I saw them at the bookstore. I'm a big fan of dystopian books and I think these won't be an exception
George R.R. Martin - Game Of Thrones - A Song Of Fire And Ice
Long ago, in a time forgotten, a preternatural event threw the seasons out of balance. In a land where summers can last decades and winters a lifetime, trouble is brewing. The cold is returning, and in the frozen wastes to the north of Winterfell, sinister forces are massing beyond the kingdom’s protective Wall. To the south, the king’s powers are failing—his most trusted adviser dead under mysterious circumstances and his enemies emerging from the shadows of the throne. At the center of the conflict lie the Starks of Winterfell, a family as harsh and unyielding as the frozen land they were born to. Now Lord Eddard Stark is reluctantly summoned to serve as the king’s new Hand, an appointment that threatens to sunder not only his family but the kingdom itself.
Sweeping from a harsh land of cold to a summertime kingdom of epicurean plenty, A Game of Thrones tells a tale of lords and ladies, soldiers and sorcerers, assassins and bastards, who come together in a time of grim omens. Here an enigmatic band of warriors bear swords of no human metal; a tribe of fierce wildlings carry men off into madness; a cruel young dragon prince barters his sister to win back his throne; a child is lost in the twilight between life and death; and a determined woman undertakes a treacherous journey to protect all she holds dear. Amid plots and counter-plots, tragedy and betrayal, victory and terror, allies and enemies, the fate of the Starks hangs perilously in the balance, as each side endeavors to win that deadliest of conflicts: the game of thrones.
I've seen the first season of Game Of Thrones and I loved it. That was in the autumn and I've been wanting to read the books ever since. I'm looking forward to dream away into the world that George Martin created. 
I hope you enjoyed reading about this books and please let me know if you want me to write a blogpost about my thoughts on these books. I've to stop myself from starting already because I want to read them so bad but no. I've to save them for my vacation.

No comments