#4 Cooking With ODG

Hello my loves,

I recently discovered a new recipe. One of my friends made this and I was a bit shocked when I first saw it, it was green, and with green I mean green. I'm sharing my friend recipe for pandan chiffon cake.
This time I didn't take photos while making the cake, I was having some quality time with my grandmother and I thought it would be rude to make photos. That's why I'm just telling you how to do it.

Ingredients (keep in mind that the amount are European/Dutch)

  • 150ml coconut milk
  • 50ml warm water
  • 8 eggs
  • 200gr caster sugar
  • 175gr flour (sieved)
  • 1 tl baking powder
  • 1/3el pandan paste
  • 1 tl vanilla sugar
Let's start with the cooking.
  1. Preheat the oven at 180°.
  2. Separate the eggs.
  3. Beat the eggwhites and 100gr sugar until they are stiff. 
  4. Mix the egg yolks with the other 100gr sugar and the vanilla sugar in a separate bowl. 
  5. Mix the coconut milk and the warm water with the pandan paste. 
  6. Add the sieved flour in parts to the mixture with the egg yolk and add the pandan/coconut milk mixture. 
  7. Carefully add beaten eggs to the mixture.
  8. Pour the mixture into the baking tin and place it in the preheated oven for 35 minutes
  9. That's it you're finished.

Please let me know if you'll try this and if you like it.

No comments